Do you regulared tattoo folk get these questions?

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

JimiDanglez
Hardcore

Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:00 pm

I know I live in the south where we are behind the times. For example most 35 year old dudes around here at the bar just discovered the gay ass affliction shirts. Anyway, do any of you get weird fucks coming up to you that want to tell you their tattoo plans?
Me and my fiance were in a nice resturant and this dude that looks like Screech is our waiter. He stands at our table asking the usual dumb questions about my tattoos. Then proceeds to tell me his life story about how he plans to get this amazing tattoo on his shoulder blade of a cardiogram line and boomshnitzle blah blah blah. But he has to buy this awesome gaming PC first. I'm like looking at him like an idiot and I finally interupt and ask for my drink. He comes back starts again and I'm like man don't forget about your other tables, I'll talk to you later. Just a weird dude. I thought I was being pranked for a second.
deadmeadow88
Hardcore

Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:17 pm

yeah but, does it hurt?
F250JR
Hardcore

Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:21 pm

Honestly I don't have enough tattoos to get that yet...I'm in that uncomfortable single tattoo phase where people with lots of tattoos look at me weird, and normal people who notice the one tattoo just look down on me. I'm in the south too...I swear, my mom told me she has a friend who treats HER differently since she found out I have a tattoo. Absolutely ridiculous.

I want more tattoos :(
JimiDanglez
Hardcore

Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:22 pm

yo down unda sense ah humah dosnt trunslate hea mate
JimiDanglez
Hardcore

Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:28 pm

F250JR wrote:Honestly I don't have enough tattoos to get that yet...I'm in that uncomfortable single tattoo phase where people with lots of tattoos look at me weird, and normal people who notice the one tattoo just look down on me. I'm in the south too...I swear, my mom told me she has a friend who treats HER differently since she found out I have a tattoo. Absolutely ridiculous.

I want more tattoos :(
haha. thats funny. Yeah the fucking bible belt is weird. My fiance's family is old school country baptist church going people. Nice as hell. I don't think they had ever seen anyone with real tattoos like I have. They have seen the occasional tramp stamp, or John Deer logo but not someone sleeved out with really good tattoos. I really opened their minds. They were those people that were so against tattoos you know just because they were never exposed to it. Now they are really excepting of it and my girl said her mom shows her friends photos of my tattoos on her phone. LOL I have my girls 4 year old niece into tattoos now. It's hilarious. I got her one of those kids tattoo airbrush kits for her birthday and she's all about it. Can't wait til she's 18 and I can be a really bad influence. LOL
Last edited by JimiDanglez on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yorvo
Hardcore

Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:56 pm

As a tattooer I hate when I'm at the bar and some drunk wants to talk about the tattoo he wants me to do on him. All night long. Talk talk talk. They never show up at the shop to get tattooed either.
fe
Hardcore

Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:13 pm

yes. all the time. i don't want to look at your shitty tattoos that your cousin did in his basement.
and the funniest part is when even people with small tattoos thing you are a piece of trash...
JimiDanglez
Hardcore

Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:15 pm

yorvo wrote:As a tattooer I hate when I'm at the bar and some drunk wants to talk about the tattoo he wants me to do on him. All night long. Talk talk talk. They never show up at the shop to get tattooed either.
I have had two well known artists tell me exactly what you said Yorvo so I get what you are saying. I bet that is annoying as fuck.
JimiDanglez
Hardcore

Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:19 pm

fe wrote:yes. all the time. i don't want to look at your shitty tattoos that your cousin did in his basement.
and the funniest part is when even people with small tattoos thing you are a piece of trash...

LOL; yeah you have to love people's logic. I also love when they ask you how much they cost and proceed to tell you how they got there's for 20bucks and saved! I'm like yeah I don't doubt that at all.
This dude was showing me some god awful tattoo and I was like, man I don't try to save money on tattoos, I try to spend as much as possible; I don't smoke and rarely drink anymore so it evens out. It kind of blew his mind. hahaha
EvilJay
Hardcore

Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:19 pm

I had a guy tell me the other day, "pretty soon you'll look like my kid", and proceeded to show me a pic of his kid with a sleeve. I said "someday"...
JimiDanglez
Hardcore

Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:20 pm

Holy shit. ahaaaahhaaaa
JimiDanglez
Hardcore

Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:22 pm

Or what about when random strangers ask you what they should get? WTF? The other day this happened with a guy I work with and I was like, man just watch NY Ink, I'm sure you can figure out something.
coregrafx
Hardcore

Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:36 pm

Generally speaking I don't like when people ask to see my tattoos. I guess this sounds kind of stupid. I mean I should expect to have people ask to see them, but after a million times it gets old. Of course, I keep getting more which doesn't exactly help.
deadmeadow88
Hardcore

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:03 pm

JimiDanglez wrote:yo down unda sense ah humah dosnt trunslate hea mate

sorry. :wink:

I haven't been in the game long enough to meet any proper weirdos yet. The worst I've had was a young guy serving me at a petrol station tell me that he ruined his tattoo because he couldn't stop scratching it. WTF!
JimiDanglez
Hardcore

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:18 pm

thats cool, now send Reef a naked photo of yourself for initiation.