FAQ Search Memberlist Register Profile MPS Search Log in to check your private messages Log in

Portrait Artists in Michigan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tattoo Forum at Everytattoo.com Forum Index -> Tattoo Artists & Studios
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ijpearson

Enthusiast

My Tattoos (1)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Portrait Artists in Michigan Reply with quote

I am looking to get a full portrait of my mother done, and I want to find a good artist, but am new to the area and don't really know who to look for. Live in the Grand Rapids area and am willing to travel up to 2 1/2 hours around here.

Know of anyone?
OICUR4692

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (1)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 of the very best b/g portrait artist in the world are in mi. Bob tyrell and tom renshaw. Wait is renshaw still in mi?
EvilJay

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What he said. For sure. I was at the Detroit Convention yesterday. Saw an amazing portrait done at the booth right behind where I was being tattoo'd, and I wish I would have got a pic and the name, but the position I was in didnt lend well. It was sick. Wasnt local though. Dude sat for 6 hours. Pic of his kid from the front page of the Detroit news with a tigers hat and baseball screaming. It was awesome..
im going to have a scroll with her handprints, name,dob,a quote underneath held up by 2 angels ,then just making it look beutifull, as if it would be a scroll that jesus had sent, duff's flying round it and stuff,
EvilJay

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually figured it out pretty quick. I thought his name was mike. Heres the tattoo on his site:

http://www.mikedemasi.com/tattoos/tattoos_62845.html
im going to have a scroll with her handprints, name,dob,a quote underneath held up by 2 angels ,then just making it look beutifull, as if it would be a scroll that jesus had sent, duff's flying round it and stuff,
EvilJay

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, he's in Cali.
EvilJay

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also saw this chic do a piece last night. She won best of day. It was a more Traditional gypsy, but her shit is clean and her portraits look great.

http://lizcooktattoo.com

OP, sorry your thread is now derailed, but See post 2 for correct answer. Anything else is not correct.
OICUR4692

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (1)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demasi and liz cook are both sick.
Ach3r0n

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OICUR4692 wrote:
2 of the very best b/g portrait artist in the world are in mi. Bob tyrell and tom renshaw. Wait is renshaw still in mi?

^ This.
fe

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea liz cook is sick. i would love to get some work by her. that baseball portrait is amazing!

FE, IF I WAS THERE, ID SCISSOR FUCK YOU SO BAD.. I LOVE THE PUSSY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tattoo Forum at Everytattoo.com Forum Index -> Tattoo Artists & Studios All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: