Good tattoo gone bad?? Need suggestions

If you're new to getting tattooed ask your questions here

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, Freddie, CxCx

jstanotherenthusiast

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:04 am

Hi all,
I got my first tattoo done a month back.I am posting images of how it looks like now. I am not very happy with how the tattoo looks like. The tattoo arist seemed to have done some extra shading around the tattoo which makes it look dark and dull.

I am posting images of it and would like to hear what you think about it?Do you think its dark, it has some extra shading? Do you think it needs touch up? Let me know your views.
ThanksImage[/img]ImageImage
coregrafx
Hardcore

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:48 am

you are going to have to either make sure the pics show up in your thread or just provide a direct link to your pics. I can't access them to view them.
lfmn16

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:53 am

coregrafx wrote:you are going to have to either make sure the pics show up in your thread or just provide a direct link to your pics. I can't access them to view them.
I was able to just copy and paste the links into a browser.

To the OP, I would go see an artist that specializes in coverups. I don't know how you would fix that.
jstanotherenthusiast

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:11 am

thanks reefdiver for helping me host the image.... what do you think about the tattoo?
coregrafx
Hardcore

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:44 am

the whole tattoo is kind of boring and poorly done to boot. I would not suggest a touch up, but rather a cover up (entirely new design) done by a really good tattoo artist. The good news is that it doesn't look too dark so a good artist should be able to cover it up nicely, but search for a REALLY good and well respected artist, not just some random guy who works at a shop in your town.
jstanotherenthusiast

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:06 am

Can you suggest any cream or something which will make the tattoo glow and shine?
lfmn16

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:45 am

jstanotherenthusiast wrote:Can you suggest any cream or something which will make the tattoo glow and shine?
I hope you are joking.
BlacK_DahliA

Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:03 pm

jstanotherenthusiast wrote:Can you suggest any cream or something which will make the tattoo glow and shine?

dude use lotion or something to make it less ashy. glow or shine? doubt it guy
Ach3r0n
Hardcore

Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:42 pm

LOL!
coregrafx
Hardcore

Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:53 pm

Not really. Any decent lotion (Curel, Lubriderm) will make it shine a bit and there are some lotions on the market specifically for tattoos. However, it will still be a shitty (albeit shiny) tattoo.

You went to a shitty artist with a boring idea which resulted in a poorly done and boring tattoo. I say this to be honest, not to be a dick. I have made the same mistake myself.

Find a great artist (ask here if necessary) and get a consult for a cover up. You "may" need a session or 2 of laser removal, but might not be necessary.

So in the end, it is totally fixable and you have learned a valuable lesson about doing your homework before getting a tattoo.
fe
Hardcore

Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:41 pm

meh. its not a terrible tattoo by any means. but i've seen it done better than this. needs more contrast.
jstanotherenthusiast

Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:59 am

thanks guys for your suggestions... no i wasnt joking when i asked for a lotion. i thought there must be something which will make it look shiny, but i guess there isnt any.As for my tattoo design, i thought it was a cool idea, but my tattoo artist spoiled it i guess.. :evil:
EvilJay
Hardcore

Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:37 pm

jstanotherenthusiast wrote:thanks guys for your suggestions... no i wasnt joking when i asked for a lotion. i thought there must be something which will make it look shiny, but i guess there isnt any.As for my tattoo design, i thought it was a cool idea, but my tattoo artist spoiled it i guess.. :evil:
Get some 100% shea butter. Not some lotion with shea butter, but the hard tub of real shea butter. You can get it at black beauty supply stores.
coregrafx
Hardcore

Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:46 pm

jstanotherenthusiast wrote:thanks guys for your suggestions... no i wasnt joking when i asked for a lotion. i thought there must be something which will make it look shiny, but i guess there isnt any.As for my tattoo design, i thought it was a cool idea, but my tattoo artist spoiled it i guess.. :evil:
It's not terrible and I have worse. It's also very fixable. If you don't want to do a cover up or laser a good black and grey artist can probably breathe some new life into it.