Earlobe Repierce

Questions related to piercings

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid, jamison

BSheep

Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:53 pm

Yeeeeeaaah who really cares, another earlobe piercing!

I'm going to go get this done again though. I was 13 when I got my ears pierced wrongly and I've regretted it since. One side's been healed for quite some time so I'm going to get it done right this week.

Going to ask if s/he'll start me off at 12G. I know it won't be an issue, but do piercers generally add anything on the price for that?

Otherwise, usual pictures to come. Probably hold onto this thread so I can bore you with my earrings when I get them down the road! :B

On that note, I have to go with either surgical steel (I'm allergic to cheap metals and acrylic plastic and do not trust glass) or something natural. Is bone generally okay?
Like these: http://www.esotericadornments.com/Horn_ ... index.html
sidelvar
Hardcore

Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:14 pm

I have never heard of a piercer charging more to piece at a bigger gauge than another. For healing do yourself a favor and either use 316L SS or Titanium. Don't use bone or anything fancy for healing. I find that if I use a straight barbell the healing seems a little bit faster than something curved.

Once healed, you are probably fine with bone. I have never been a big fan of it and prefer glass myself.
BSheep

Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:31 pm

Yeah I definitely wouldn't be using anything but surgical steel for healing. Or stretching for that matter.

That was a little unclear in the first post, I apologize.

Also thank you
BSheep

Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:15 pm

Picture kind of blows, sorry about that. I want to get one showing it a little better. I have two areas of scar tissue on that ear, one from the original piercing and one from...I do not even know, maybe some wicked pimple I had to lance?
It's next to some of the tissue though. He went through some of it also, gave him a little bit of difficulty.

Got it done by Jason at Tomato Tattoos in Lisle, IL, really calm dude, was happy to have it done by him.

Switching on up to a 12G was not an issue, and he let me decide between the captive and the barbell, went with the latter so I can go ahead and remove it come...whenever it's healed. I like the way they look better too.

Feels pretty all right!
sidelvar
Hardcore

Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:21 pm

Really good placement and looks clean. I prefer the straight barbells myself for healing but like I said that just me. Better to go with a curved opposed to a captive first time just in case you switch it out a little too early in my opinion so good call there.
Reha

Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:30 am

Looking for ear lobe piercing but I am very much worried about its injuries and side effects.