Any recos for GREAT artists northwest burbs of Chicago?

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

oceanair

Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:02 pm

I had my last tat done for my 40th b-day while we were living in OH.
I would love to find a really talented artist to do a tat of the elements on my lower back or my side

Any ideas for designs?
Any recos for a great parlor?

THANKS!

Barb
reefdiver
Hardcore

Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:45 pm

hi barb, post up a picture of your tat......
Stubarber
Hardcore

Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:04 pm

Not exactly NW burbs, but N Chicago (West Irving Park) is Deluxe Tattoo. 2-3 excellent artists in there. Find one who nails the style of art you prefer and then talk with him/her about how to design it.

http://www.deluxetattoo.com/
JimiDanglez
Hardcore

Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:32 pm

why does it have to be NW burbs? Can you only walk there or something?
oceanair

Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:33 am

that is where I live. Gas is so bleeping costly so I was thinking it would be great if I didn't have far to travel, but I will go into the city to get a GREAT tat.
I am looking for design ideas to show the elements......I was thinking down my side vertically or across my lower back horizontally.
The elements to me are everything....symbolically what we have to deal with daily and what is inside us too.
The water designs that I have been seeing on the web are kind of boring. Fire could be really interesting with reds and oranges--maybe black and terracotta too.

Anyway--BEST CHICAGO AREA ARTISTS and DESIGN RECOS IS MY HUNT

Thanks LOVES!!
B
Stubarber
Hardcore

Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:01 am

I have a (5) elements tattoo myself. Aside from spirit, we didn't go with traditional symbols, but instead came up with a piece of work that physically incorporates/depicts earth, water, wind and fire.
EvilJay
Hardcore

Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:52 am

oceanair wrote:that is where I live. Gas is so bleeping costly so I was thinking it would be great if I didn't have far to travel, but I will go into the city to get a GREAT tat.
You want a "GREAT" tattoo, down your side, so I assume with some size, and you're willing to travel a whole what, 30 miles.?. Your tattoo's gonna cost a couple hundred bucks,and you wanna keep it within walking distance.. I would suggest Larry Brogan, but he's probably not your neighbor, he would be too expensive, and you sound cheesy so he probably is not taking your lame idea.

Good luck..
JimiDanglez
Hardcore

Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:12 pm

exactly what I was thinking. Well done J