FAQ Search Memberlist Register Profile MPS Search Log in to check your private messages Log in

Ask Amy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tattoo Forum at Everytattoo.com Forum Index -> Anything but...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reefdiver

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (6)

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Ask Amy Reply with quote

DEAR AMY:
I want my two best friends to be in my bridal party, however, they both have multiple large tattoos on their arms, chest and back that I think are hideous.

I absolutely adore my friends but when I think of how their tattoos will look in my wedding photos I cringe.

Should I not invite them to be bridesmaids and have two other friends who I am not as close to?

Or should I have them in the wedding and have their body art be a major distraction the whole time? Our wedding is in the Caribbean so cover-up sweaters are not an option.

I hate to think what my conservative grandparents will think about my tattooed bridesmaids.

Help! -- Madison

DEAR MADISON:

I suggest you approach this by being completely upfront, though not using the word “hideous” to describe their body art.

Tell them both: “I'm eager for you to be a bridesmaid, but my grandparents will be freaked out by your ink. Are you willing to wear a body art concealer on the day -- or wear dresses (or use a wrap) with more coverage? I understand if you don’t want to do this -- so just let me know as soon as you can. Either way I want you to be with me on my wedding day.”

Your friends have made a choice to be inked and one aspect of that choice is that it will occasionally affect their interactions with other people, both positively and negatively.

When a person agrees to be a bridesmaid (depending on the style of the wedding) she also agrees to appear in whatever uniform the bride chooses.

We all know that bridesmaid dresses are sometimes more unsightly than any tattoo, but on this day “hideous” is a bride's prerogative.
Stubarber

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Madisson -

Get your Grandmother hopelessly drunk 1st, let your friends be your friends and then stand back and enjoy the free entertainment!
fe

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear madison. you're a shitty friend.

FE, IF I WAS THERE, ID SCISSOR FUCK YOU SO BAD.. I LOVE THE PUSSY
Ach3r0n

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fe wrote:

+1
EvilJay

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fe wrote:

[/thread]
im going to have a scroll with her handprints, name,dob,a quote underneath held up by 2 angels ,then just making it look beutifull, as if it would be a scroll that jesus had sent, duff's flying round it and stuff,
JimiDanglez

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fe wrote:

this. well said
JimiDanglez

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These stories amaze me. Are people still this afraid of their parents and grandparents?
yorvo

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's bullshit that you can't think of an idea for a dress that covers. Sweaters?. That's rich. Cover them bitches up. No one wants the hootchie patrol at their wedding. Besides the naysayers assume your friends must have these beautiful tattoos that the world must see. I'll bet they're covered in crap.
suzridesahog

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in my sister's wedding several years ago and was faced with a similar problem. Although she is quite conservative she is accepting and didn't have a big problem with my visible tattoos. However, She was to be married at the Harvard Faculty Club in Cambridge,MA. Holy cow did I get strange looks walking through the campus!!!
fe

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea but unless they have a big FUCK YOU tattooed on them... or a pot leaf... and you consider yourself good enough friends with them to put them in your wedding party... then you really should accept who they are and what they choose to do with their bodies. she's just worried about her wedding pictures cause shes a superficial lame bridezilla.
i had my best friend in my wedding and she is covered in tattoos. and yea there were comments made but fuck them, ill have whoever i want in my wedding party.

FE, IF I WAS THERE, ID SCISSOR FUCK YOU SO BAD.. I LOVE THE PUSSY
tundrakatiebean

Enthusiast

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my best friends had her sister as her bridesmaid in a low-back dress. Her sister has a fucking terrible tramp stamp - the all black tribal-flower pick off the wall kind of thing.

If you really care about someone in your life, you don't give a shit what they look like just because of how some pictures are going to look.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tattoo Forum at Everytattoo.com Forum Index -> Anything but... All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: