Lets Talk About Medical Marijuana..

Talk about anything....

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid

EvilJay
Hardcore

Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:13 pm

Every once and a while we get on the topic of Smokin. Curious to hear about the scene where everyone lives, specifically in those legal states. Also interested in hearing peoples thoughts on use for medical and recreational purposes, and your thoughts on the direction legalization for medical or recreational use is headed.

I'll let some other people chime in first. Let's talk..
fe
Hardcore

Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:41 pm

i live in ohio. it will NEVER be legal here... ohio is WAAYYY to conservative.
my cousin lived in colorado and had a shop and her stuff was like infused thc fruit snacks and stuff like that. she brought back some amazing green.
Murv
Hardcore

Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:50 am

Don't think it will ever be legal here in the UK, it's just too political.

As far as the scene goes, there's no shortage of it, in fact the UK is apparently now a major exporter!

It's expensive here though, prices have slowly climbed over the last few Years and you pay £20.00 for 2g, allegedly
JimiDanglez
Hardcore

Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:01 pm

I think it will eventually be legal just about everywhere in the next 15-25 years. There is just too much money too be made for the Government and when that many billions of dollars are involved, they always make exceptions just like alcohol and cigarettes which are far worse than weed in my opinion.
EvilJay
Hardcore

Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:06 pm

Murv wrote:It's expensive here though, prices have slowly climbed over the last few Years and you pay £20.00 for 2g, allegedly
That's about $12/g US, which is actually pretty cheap for good bud. Wholesale is $200-$250oz for high quality shit from a grower. Street is like $75-$100 a quarter. Dispensaries here in Michigan get $20/$20g, which is outrageous. You can't barely find swag or dirts, but I think it goes for about $125oz if you do.
Stubarber
Hardcore

Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:15 pm

JimiDanglez wrote:I think it will eventually be legal just about everywhere in the next 15-25 years. There is just too much money too be made for the Government and when that many billions of dollars are involved, they always make exceptions just like alcohol and cigarettes which are far worse than weed in my opinion.
I've been hearing that line of logic since the 70's.
JimiDanglez
Hardcore

Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:59 pm

Yeah but weed was cheap as fuck in the 70's and the only people telling you that line of logic were pot heads!
Now days you can sale good hydro strains for more per gram than most people will pay for cocaine. Also the culture is ever changing. In the 50's and 60's the "propaganda" was that if you smoke weed, black guys will rape you! LOL. The general consensus this day and age is very different.
Now days there is actually a huge profit to be made for designer weeds for the government. That far out weighs the money they spend on prosecuting possesion crimes. Plus less people go to church :wink:
Stubarber
Hardcore

Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:13 pm

Mostly true. Good Thai stick or Colombian Gold were'nt that cheap for back in the day - and that is probably the equivalent of regular (good) weed today (I'm assuming :D ), and in many ways pot smoking was a lot more open then than it is today (probably because the establishment and law enforement was less "educated" and organized).

I'd like to see legalization happen. I might actually keep some around and take an ocassional toke. Put the headphones back on.
Murv
Hardcore

Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:10 am

EvilJay wrote:
Murv wrote:It's expensive here though, prices have slowly climbed over the last few Years and you pay £20.00 for 2g, allegedly
That's about $12/g US, which is actually pretty cheap for good bud. Wholesale is $200-$250oz for high quality shit from a grower. Street is like $75-$100 a quarter. Dispensaries here in Michigan get $20/$20g, which is outrageous. You can't barely find swag or dirts, but I think it goes for about $125oz if you do.
Wow, not cheap there either then.
Few Years ago, if I'd been allegedly growing, it was £20.00 for 3g or so or £750.00 for 9oz.
It's the business to be in at the moment...
buttwheat
Hardcore

Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:17 pm

Her in Washington it is legal as medical marijuana. There are plenty of stores and delivery services around you must have your med card to use these services> For $200 anyone legit or not can get a med card. The system is a joke just make the stuff legal and tax it.
themrchen
Hardcore

Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:30 pm

atlanta, southern bible belt, will never be legal, but lots of green available, medical weed works, legalize it
trevcam11
Hardcore

Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:20 am

fe wrote:i live in ohio. it will NEVER be legal here... ohio is WAAYYY to conservative.
my cousin lived in colorado and had a shop and her stuff was like infused thc fruit snacks and stuff like that. she brought back some amazing green.
Ohio has some of the most lenient laws regarding marijuana in the whole United States...but regardless, it will never be "legal" in any state until its federally legal. If you want to get technical.
EvilJay
Hardcore

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:37 pm

trevcam11 wrote:Ohio has some of the most lenient laws regarding marijuana in the whole United States...but regardless, it will never be "legal" in any state until its federally legal. If you want to get technical.
Actually it just needs to be reclassified as a class/schedule 2 drug instead of 1. Thats really it. Then state law prevails and all the grey area that individual jurisdictions use to run the law the way they want are trumped by the state laws. It would seem there would be a very proccedural way to make this happen, i.e. to get a drug reclassified you have to x, y, z.. Not sure why this is so hard.

As far as money, don't think for a second the states don't cash in huge. The revenue generated for the state from medical card registrations, and taxation on med certifiers(docs), hydro shops, and dispensaries has been the largest single new influx of cash into our states economy in decades. In 4 years, theres been 100s of hydro shops open in Michigan alone. All that business is growing and selling. All that money is going right back into local economy. And all geting taxed and taxed again. The only people losing in the MMJ legalization are the Mexican cartels.
yorvo
Hardcore

Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:03 am

Arizona passed it (for the second time) last election and the state is doing everything it can to stall the process. I personally think "medical" is a joke. But hey, whatever we have to do to gain exceptance. It will slowly turn. I don't think money is as much a problem in government as power. The powers at be want to keep it. You make it legal and lots of people lose power.
EvilJay
Hardcore

Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:41 am

The problem is that local sheriffs, DA's, prosecuters, etc, have a loophole and don't really have to follow the states decisions, citing the federal class one classification and implications. They say "we dont care what the people decided, or what the state law is", and theres little you can do, even as a legal MMJ patient, because you admit to a federal crime.

I to agree that most of the "Medical" part is a joke, but its the only way the movement makes any progress. I do truly believe there is allot of medical use, I just recognize that the majority of people getting "legal" aren't doing so for medical reasons.

63% of my state said make it legal. Last I checked, we're supposed to be a democracy. I agree with you yorvo, it's the private interest paid scum politicians that are holding this back. Lobbying at its finest.