is this normal??

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

Cathy23
Hardcore

Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:02 pm

a girl i work with got a dolphin tattoo (!) which she wants removed and the artist that did it now offers removal jobs where he tattoos over the tattoo with some kind of dusty paste which apparently brings the old ink to the surface to wear off. it looks really scabby and awful after one treatment and i just wanted to know if this was a normal method? i had only every heard of laser removal and this artist is one i wouldnt touch with a bargepole (he also offers 5 year tattoos which my friend also got one of and which has turned out to be permanent - go figure!)

anyway, has anyone heard of this removal method ?? ps he only charges £25 a treatment.
caringiscreepy
Hardcore

Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:10 pm

wow that sounds sketchy beyond belief. never heard of anything like that.
yorvo
Hardcore

Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:10 pm

I've heard of old methods were they used things like lemon juice. They would lighten somewhat or partially remove some pigment but they were not very effective at removing the whole tattoo.
kohlhaas
Hardcore

Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:51 pm

The guy definitely sounds sketchy. Your friend also sounds (no offense...) like a complete and total idiot. Tell her if she wants temporary tattoos, she simply shouldn't get any at all. Is she not aware that they make this special little temporary tattoo product called HENNA??
dragon guy tattoo
Hardcore

Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:29 pm

Ya that is normal, I know about this stuff and that is how it is supposed to work. What he does is tattoos the tattoo removal substance in and then just lets it heal. The trick with this stuff is that it contains silicon (sand) and the body will reject it naturally, along with the ink that was also in the tattoo. It will look disgusting but believe it or not, that is how it works… the longer you can keep the scab on, the more ink comes out. I have used it and it does work.

Hope that helps you.
Cathy23
Hardcore

Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:02 pm

dragon guy tattoo wrote:Ya that is normal, I know about this stuff and that is how it is supposed to work. What he does is tattoos the tattoo removal substance in and then just lets it heal. The trick with this stuff is that it contains silicon (sand) and the body will reject it naturally, along with the ink that was also in the tattoo. It will look disgusting but believe it or not, that is how it works… the longer you can keep the scab on, the more ink comes out. I have used it and it does work.

Hope that helps you.
cheers! i was seriously suspicious when she told me about it cause apart from the 5 year tattoo not coming off it was really badly done and the dolphin she got i equally as badly done so i was worried for her that she would get scarred or something.il let her know she should not pick the scab (which i think she hs already done) in future to speed up the process.
Tattude
Hardcore

Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:14 pm

dragon guy tattoo wrote:I have used it and it does work.

Hope that helps you.
But, it doesn't work well. It works well enough to have another tattoo cover it later and I've seen several artists do that. Sorta of lighten an old crapy tattoo up, let it heal and then tattoo over it with great success. BUT, for total tattoo removel? Horrible...
caringiscreepy
Hardcore

Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:23 pm

It still doesn't sound right to me. Smack some sense into your friend and tell her to never go near him or his shop ever again.
Cathy23
Hardcore

Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:28 pm

Tattude wrote:
dragon guy tattoo wrote:I have used it and it does work.

Hope that helps you.
But, it doesn't work well. It works well enough to have another tattoo cover it later and I've seen several artists do that. Sorta of lighten an old crapy tattoo up, let it heal and then tattoo over it with great success. BUT, for total tattoo removel? Horrible...
shes planning to get it covered over so at least it should work ok for that anyway :?
niteshadepromise
Hardcore

Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:41 pm

I second the telling her to go somewhere else. If all the tattoos she's gotten from this guy suck, then why does she keep going back to him?

I'd have found someone else after the first crappy tattoo.
BadWolf
Verified

Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:54 pm

Back in the old days they used tanic acid mixed with glycerine. GUARANTEED TO WORK!
Burned that fucker out, and you rolled around in unimaginable pain for DAYS!
Have fun, kids! :lol: :lol: :lol:
BadTaste
Verified

Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:28 pm

BadWolf wrote:Back in the old days they used tanic acid mixed with glycerine. GUARANTEED TO WORK!
I know someone who still does that.... scary shiz
hanalotus
Hardcore

Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:27 pm

BadWolf wrote:Back in the old days they used tanic acid mixed with glycerine. GUARANTEED TO WORK!

(claps hands excitedly) YAY!!!!! My favoritest game in the whole wide world? I'll be the tattoo remover and who wants to be my giant waste of space client???? Anyone? Any takers?? No?

Man, no one EVER wants to play this game with me.

(pouts in corner with arms crossed)
dragon guy tattoo
Hardcore

Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:58 pm

ya I have that one too... It works great the first time unlike the tat-gone-ink stuff.
n3cr0lu5t
Hardcore

Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:34 am

badwolf=jeffrey dahmer :?