Piercing Apprenticeship?

Questions related to piercings

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid, jamison

xxkaleidoscopic

Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:31 pm

I've recently been thinking that piercing could be something I'd really love to do with my life. I know one of the most common ways is to frequent a shop to get work done, and start out as their counter person, but I don't currently have a car, and am moving in the next year or so anyway. So frequenting a local shop (I'm from Columbus, Ohio) isn't really an option right now.

I'm wondering how I would go about finding an apprenticeship where I'm going (New Brunswick, Canada, if it makes a difference). How do I even start?
sidelvar
Hardcore

Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:34 pm

I'm a bit late on a reply for you but hopefully this reaches you. Honestly you should treat it like anyone going after a tattoo apprenticeship.

Get to know some shops a little bit, read about proper care procedures, get pierced and look for an apprenticeship.

Don't go out and start trying to pierce people or yourself or anything. Just look around and talk to people. IMO a counter job may be worth its while.

Also, if you plan on moving soon, you may want to talk to some professionals while you are there about how they got started out.