Is this normal or serious - help?

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

matthewjmccormick

Sat May 11, 2013 6:43 pm

Ok so I got a new tattoo on Friday the 10th of April 2013 (being specific)
Its a small tattoo on my inner right arm on the lower half. The artist took about an hour and a half to do it as my skin wouldn't take the ink and she had to change ink (and needle, and pot, changed everything).
After so long she was over half way done when I asked her to stop as I felt light headed. She understood and stopped immediately and I continued to feel light headed, sick and drowsy throughout the day. I was told this was due to lowered blood sugars due to the trauma I had been through.
I woke up this morning feeling a little better and hacked down breakfast before seeing my girlfriend off back home. Since about 6pm I have felt light headed (again) and tired, when I close my eyes the world feels spinny. The tattoo has given me no hassles like pussing or a smell, its just Red and inflames and starting to scab over (like my previous one did).
I am useing an anti-septic cream to clean it at least every 2 hours.
I still feel rather iffy though and thought (rationally) "Maybe I have Blood Poisoning, I do have a heart condition and this took longer than my previous tattoo though it is smaller due to the complications with ink"
Today I have eaten:
Roll and Sausage + Cup of tea (2 sugar), 2 Rockstar Energy, 100g Cadbury mini eggs, Chicken Burger, 1 Pot Noodle.

Am i feeling like this due to my diet for today or due to the tattoo... or a combo of both?
maniacthw
Hardcore

Sat May 11, 2013 7:39 pm

If it's that big of an issue, I don't think a tattoo forum is the best place to be getting advice. I'd check with a doctor. Like, now.
matthewjmccormick

Sat May 11, 2013 7:50 pm

maniacthw wrote:If it's that big of an issue, I don't think a tattoo forum is the best place to be getting advice. I'd check with a doctor. Like, now.
I don't know if its a big issue. Also its almost 1am, No doctors would be open at the moment
scrock25
Hardcore

Sat May 11, 2013 7:56 pm

matthewjmccormick wrote:
maniacthw wrote:If it's that big of an issue, I don't think a tattoo forum is the best place to be getting advice. I'd check with a doctor. Like, now.
I don't know if its a big issue. Also its almost 1am, No doctors would be open at the moment
An emergency room would be.
matthewjmccormick

Sat May 11, 2013 7:57 pm

scrock25 wrote:
matthewjmccormick wrote:
An emergency room would be.
Is something wrong?
scrock25
Hardcore

Sat May 11, 2013 7:58 pm

The point is that nobody knows and if it's bothering you that much go get it checked out by a professional instead of asking questions on a fucking Internet forum.
matthewjmccormick

Sat May 11, 2013 8:00 pm

scrock25 wrote:The point is that nobody knows and if it's bothering you that much go get it checked out by a professional instead of asking questions on a fucking Internet forum.
OK ok - thought someone here would know. My bad
scrock25
Hardcore

Sat May 11, 2013 8:02 pm

matthewjmccormick wrote:
scrock25 wrote:The point is that nobody knows and if it's bothering you that much go get it checked out by a professional instead of asking questions on a fucking Internet forum.
No, nobody would know... none of us are doctors.

Also, April 10th wasn't a Friday.
matthewjmccormick

Sat May 11, 2013 8:03 pm

scrock25 wrote:
matthewjmccormick wrote:
No, nobody would know... none of us are doctors.

Also, April 10th wasn't a Friday.
meant to say May (this month)
reefdiver
Hardcore

Sat May 11, 2013 8:55 pm

was this done at a legit shop ??

what do you mean by" red and inflame", and "clean it?
and your description of the tattooing process you experienced, scares the shit out of me .............sounds like the "tattooist" is s hsck

post up a pic......

Blood poisoning is a nonspecific term used mainly by nonmedical individuals that describes, in the broadest sense, any adverse medical condition(s) due to the presence of any toxic agent in the blood.

Usually, the layperson using the term blood poisoning is referring to the medical condition(s) that arise when bacteria or their products (or both) reach the blood.

Blood poisoning is not a medical term and does not appear in many medical dictionaries or scientific publications. However, when it is used, the correct medical term that most closely matches its intended meaning is sepsis.

Many medical authors consider the terms blood poisoning and sepsis to be interchangeable, but the trend in the medical literature is to use the term sepsis.

Sepsis is a potentially dangerous or life-threatening medical condition, found in association with a known or suspected infection (usually caused by but not limited to bacteria) whose signs and symptoms fulfill at least two of the following criteria of a systemic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRS):

elevated heart rate (tachycardia) >90 beats per minute at rest

body temperature either high (>100.4F or 38C) or low (<97F or 36C)

increased respiratory rate of >20 breaths per minute or a reduced PaCO2 (partial pressure of carbon dioxide in arterial blood level)

abnormal white blood cell count (>12000 cells/µL or <4000 cells/µL or >10% bands [an immature type of white blood cell])

Patients who meet the above criteria have sepsis and are also termed septic. These criteria were proposed by several medical societies and may continue to be modified by other medical groups. For example, pediatric groups use the same four criteria listed above but modify the values for each to make the SIRS criteria for children. Other groups want to add criteria, but currently this is the most widely accepted definition.
scrock25
Hardcore

Sat May 11, 2013 9:05 pm

Thank you Wikipedia!
buttwheat
Hardcore

Sat May 11, 2013 11:28 pm

Stop drinking "energy drinks" fuck those are so bad for you. Your diet is fucking horrible try eating better you will feel better especially if you have a heart condition.
the_hog_flu

Sun May 19, 2013 7:02 pm

Get it lasered. I reckon you'd feel better after that.
scrock25
Hardcore

Sun May 19, 2013 7:28 pm

buttwheat wrote:Stop drinking "energy drinks" fuck those are so bad for you. Your diet is fucking horrible try eating better you will feel better especially if you have a heart condition.
Fucking buckwheat with the truthbomb a week ago.