Am I healing normally...?

If you're new to getting tattooed ask your questions here

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, Freddie, CxCx

FakeDiva

Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:58 am

Hi everyone~!

I'm hoping you experienced folks can help me. I got my first tattoo 5 days ago, along with my best friend and a few family members. When my tattoo was first finished, it looked crisp and beautiful, like so:
(linked instead of added because the pictures are huge and I'm on my phone so I can't resize)

http://i.imgur.com/ra86Vlc.jpg

Five days into the healing process, however, it looks like total booty.

http://i.imgur.com/TmEEbST.jpg

So what's the dealio? Is this the way it's supposed to look a week later? I've been looking it up for days now, but unfortunately most articles on tattoo healing don't give you a picture to go by. Reading the way people describe healing tattoos leads me to believe it will be beautiful once again, but I'd like to make sure that I'm not messing it up/the blurriness isn't blowout/etc.
OICUR4692
Hardcore

Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:33 am

Yes it's normal
buttwheat
Hardcore

Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:05 am

It looks pretty normal to me. Just keep it clean and moisturize it once or twice a day (don't smother it) and in a couple of weeks it will look normal again.
May be if you take a few more pics from a bit farther back we will be able to tell whats going on with it.
scrock25
Hardcore

Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:03 am

buttwheat wrote:It looks pretty normal to me. Just keep it clean and moisturize it once or twice a day (don't smother it) and in a couple of weeks it will look normal again.
May be if you take a few more pics from a bit farther back we will be able to tell whats going on with it.
Agreed, those look like some monster tits.
FakeDiva

Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:26 pm

buttwheat wrote:May be if you take a few more pics from a bit farther back we will be able to tell whats going on with it.
scrock25 wrote:Agreed, those look like some monster tits.
Ohhhh geez, lmao. Well "buttwheat", you did help set my mind at ease, so I guess that's the least I can do. I'm sorry if they're not quite the "monster tits" you're hoping for. I mean... they're alright. Lol.
Still on phone, still gigantor pictures, please bare with me.

http://i.imgur.com/aj4yLdQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jDrbo1L.jpg

Ok, so, more questions!
My artist said to apply lotion 5x a day for the following two weeks, but you say 1 or 2. Does it matter if I apply it more often? I've found the lotion helps with the itching. I'm using Eucerin Skin Calming lotion, if that makes any difference.

I'm not sure if you can see, but the ink seems to have seeped out in between the first and second heart, making it an odd blue/grey in between. Will it stay like this?

Last one (for now anyway, ha ha)! I'm pretty active at my job, and my bra strap goes right through the middle of the last (empty) heart. Should I be covering up in some way to ensure the scabs aren't rubbed off?

Thanks for all your help!! <3
Animosity
Hardcore

Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:28 pm

They lookin aiight fo sho.
buttwheat
Hardcore

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:00 am

FakeDiva wrote: Ok, so, more questions!
My artist said to apply lotion 5x a day for the following two weeks, but you say 1 or 2. Does it matter if I apply it more often? I've found the lotion helps with the itching. I'm using Eucerin Skin Calming lotion, if that makes any difference.

I'm not sure if you can see, but the ink seems to have seeped out in between the first and second heart, making it an odd blue/grey in between. Will it stay like this?

Last one (for now anyway, ha ha)! I'm pretty active at my job, and my bra strap goes right through the middle of the last (empty) heart. Should I be covering up in some way to ensure the scabs aren't rubbed off?

Thanks for all your help!! <3

No thank you

I find less lotion the better for healing your tattoo just use enough to ease the itching.

Over saturation of moisturizer traps moister into your tattoo causing colors to dilute which could be the reason for your color change or it could just be new skin growing over and will clear up when fully healed.

Do your tattoo and all males a favor and just go bra less until it is healed.
deadmeadow88
Hardcore

Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:14 am

Don't over-do the moisturiser, just a bit when its superdry, maybe twice a day like the guys have said.. best way to minimise itch is to keep it CLEAN. When I'm feeling super itchy ill wash and pat dry with a paper towel, and let it air for a while. Bra should be fine..
scrock25
Hardcore

Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:58 am

Dem tittays!
EvilJay
Hardcore

Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:13 am

Yeah, less is more in healing. Moisturized when needed. Wipe off excess. You shouldnt see any lotion on skin 5 minutes after you apply it..
maniacthw
Hardcore

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:10 pm

Well good morning to me!
FakeDiva

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:55 pm

Ha ha ha, thanks for your help everyone! I appreciate it.