Hello from sunny Seattle!

Give a brief introduction of who you are and your interest in tattoos. <br> <a href="http://www.everytattoo.com/member.php?action=uploadform">Upload tattoos here</a>

Moderators: sidelvar, EvilJay

kingtermite

Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:52 pm

Hi. I'm in Seattle area. I'm 42 years old, male and never had a tattoo. In fact, I was kind of against them most of my life just because of the "permanence" of them.

I've changed a lot in the past 10 or so years, and for someone who has never had a single tattoo, I now suddenly find myself considering the possibility of getting three tattoos that I have in mind.

I may be asking a few questions along the way, like suggestions for good artist/studio here in Seattle area. There seems to be a lot of ink being done in this area, so I'm guessing there are some good places around here.

So hello....hope to be chatting with you all soon.
reefdiver
Hardcore

Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:15 pm

welcome aboard late bloomer :).... what are these 3 tattoos you speak of ?

buttwheat is near seattle
buttwheat
Hardcore

Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:32 pm

Welcome
There is a shit ton of good tattooists in the Seattle area. What type of tattoo are you thinking of?
kingtermite

Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:59 pm

Thanks for replies.

The one I'm thinking of now, is a Celtic Tree of Life on my upper back. Not horribly big though.

Specifically, this one:

Although, if the border is too intricate to do in the size I want, I may have a simpler border. The lady who's artwork it is even sells stencils for this to be used as a tattoo, but I'm not sure about sizing yet.

The other two are to commemorate a major event in my life. I've been VERY overweight my whole life, and finally doing something about that the right way (down 120 lbs right now). When I hit my goal weight (another 30-40 pounds), and keep it off long enough to know it is for good, I will commemorate with tattoos on each arm. One with a food related quote ("Let food be thy medicine" - Hypocrates) and one exercise/fitness related. Both arm tattoos are still in the long-term thought process.
Jeffie7
Hardcore

Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:40 am

Welcome and congrats on the weight loss.

Feels good doesn't it?

Keep going!
kingtermite

Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:06 am

Jeffie7 wrote:Welcome and congrats on the weight loss.

Feels good doesn't it?

Keep going!
Feels wonderful. I have more energy than a Jack Russel Terrier puppy.
buttwheat
Hardcore

Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:15 am

Stick around maybe we can change your thoughts on what makes a good tattoo.
reefdiver
Hardcore

Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:12 am

dude,,,,,, get a tattoo of a big greasy cheeseburger with everything.........
kingtermite

Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:44 am

buttwheat wrote:Stick around maybe we can change your thoughts on what makes a good tattoo.
Heheee.....I'm one who believes in "never say never", so I'll try to take you up on that offer.
actualfact
Hardcore

Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:11 pm

what's the meaning behind your name? king termite? :lol:
kingtermite

Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:05 pm

actualfact wrote:what's the meaning behind your name? king termite? :lol:
Heeheee....there's a whole story behind it.

I'll try to give the short version.

When I was a baby, about 2 years old, my grandparents claim that I chewed the entire stuffing out of their rocking chair when they weren't looking in about 2 minutes flat. They immediately nicknamed me termite. That was my nickname all my years growing up.

Then in college, I created my first website (back in the 90s), and themed it like a castle. I called it Castle Termite. One day, I realized that if I had Castle Termite, I must be it's king, so I started using "kingtermite" as my name on the internet. That was like 15+ years ago.