Looking for HELP ASAP!

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

ge0rgette2

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:29 am

I have a tattoo that i had gotten a couple years ago - everything I asked for I got and liked it -- then when I look at my ankle, I wasn't happy - went back and he added some flowers for me down my ankle to the top of my foot - still like it - get compliments, but something is missing....

I'd like to add a anchor and some roping with some words (i refuse to sink) for a new journey I'm starting in my life -- I'd like to incorporate it into what I have now - but unsure how to go about it .... What do you think?

Here is my tattoo! Suggestions please...Image[/img]
redoid

Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:41 am

First post, no Hi, no introduction and you ask for help.

If you get compliments with that, here is my advice:

Never get ink again as a start of your new journey.
HighballSam
Hardcore

Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:47 am

You'll always get compliments. Nobody wants to put down a permanent tattoo (to your face)

The flowers are not too bad, but the palm tree and other things not so good.

Find a different tattooer.

Welcome to the forum.
peterpoose
Hardcore

Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:09 pm

Its Poor work, sorry :(

Take a look at some real tattoo art here - https://picasaweb.google.com/1066110721 ... 784/Tattoo

Then take a look at my signature link below :)
maniacthw
Hardcore

Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:16 pm

My favorite part is the balding palm tree.
ge0rgette2

Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:42 pm

redoid wrote:First post, no Hi, no introduction and you ask for help.

If you get compliments with that, here is my advice:

Never get ink again as a start of your new journey.
Oh, I'm sorry - I didn't say hi! What introduction should I have made? Did you need my life story in order to help me with a tattoo? If I knew there was a certain protocol to this forum, I would have introduced myself.

Why can't I ask for help or suggestions - did I offend you!?
I didn't come here to get insulted ... especially from someone behind a keyboard and screen....
And I shouldn't get ink again why? Because you feel I shouldn't.. Who the __ are you to tell me what I should do - where is your awesome work? Are you an artist that you can comment on others?

Wow - someone needs to take a chill pill ;) just saying!
Best of luck!
ge0rgette2

Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:43 pm

maniacthw wrote:My favorite part is the balding palm tree.
Thanks - good point :)

But why do others need to be so nasty!
ge0rgette2

Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:44 pm

HighballSam wrote:You'll always get compliments. Nobody wants to put down a permanent tattoo (to your face)

The flowers are not too bad, but the palm tree and other things not so good.

Find a different tattooer.

Welcome to the forum.
Thanks! :) I'm looking at your things now --- thank you very much for being NICE .... just wanted some suggestions.
maniacthw
Hardcore

Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:52 pm

ge0rgette2 wrote:
We're tattoo snobs. It's what we do. We see a lot of bad pieces come through here and a lot of people defending them. It's our life goal to educate these people. Not necessarily make friends with them.
ge0rgette2

Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:57 pm

maniacthw wrote:
ge0rgette2 wrote:
We're tattoo snobs. It's what we do. We see a lot of bad pieces come through here and a lot of people defending them. It's our life goal to educate these people. Not necessarily make friends with them.
No problem :)

I'm sure you do.

I was just looking for some advice, since you are a snob :) hehe, I will have my palm tree fixed.
Zaotar
Hardcore

Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:47 pm

I would definitely not add to that tattoo. It's already too cluttered. You can't keep adding random stuff and expect it all to cohere, any more than you would do that with a painting.

If you want another tattoo, I would just do a separate tattoo in a different location.

As far as improving that tattoo itself, lots of artists could do that, sharpening it up. Not by adding stuff, more by fixing and cleaning it up.
ge0rgette2

Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:55 pm

Zaotar wrote:I would definitely not add to that tattoo. It's already too cluttered. You can't keep adding random stuff and expect it all to cohere, any more than you would do that with a painting.

If you want another tattoo, I would just do a separate tattoo in a different location.

As far as improving that tattoo itself, lots of artists could do that, sharpening it up. Not by adding stuff, more by fixing and cleaning it up.
Thanks.

What's the best way to clean it up?what would you suggest?
schloob
Hardcore

Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:33 pm

ge0rgette2 wrote:
laser
maniacthw
Hardcore

Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:58 pm

ge0rgette2 wrote:
Zaotar wrote:I would definitely not add to that tattoo. It's already too cluttered. You can't keep adding random stuff and expect it all to cohere, any more than you would do that with a painting.

Thanks.

The problem with most "artists" out there is that they don;t know the basics of tattooing. Straight lines, blending color, and blowouts are all issues with most "street" artists. An artist might be able to fix your tattoo up by straightening the lines and reworking the color a bit. I'll agree that you can't keep adding. It will just become a jumbled mess. Where abouts do you live? We can help you find an artist who will give you a tattoo you can be proud to show off.
ge0rgette2

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:46 pm

maniacthw wrote:
ge0rgette2 wrote:

Thanks.

The problem with most "artists" out there is that they don;t know the basics of tattooing. Straight lines, blending color, and blowouts are all issues with most "street" artists. An artist might be able to fix your tattoo up by straightening the lines and reworking the color a bit. I'll agree that you can't keep adding. It will just become a jumbled mess. Where abouts do you live? We can help you find an artist who will give you a tattoo you can be proud to show off.
I live on Long Island, New York.

I like the flowers actually. It's the orange color and the palm tree that bothers me