First tattoo, is this healing correctly?

If you're new to getting tattooed ask your questions here

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, Freddie, CxCx

megannannne

Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:09 am

Hello everyone,

I just got my first tattoo about 4, almost 5 days ago. I am utterly in love with it and it is on my wrist, so I just want to ensure it is healing correctly.

Day 1:
http://www.thetattooforum.com/album.php ... ntid=13732

Day 4:
http://www.thetattooforum.com/album.php ... ntid=13733

The N is in white ink that my artist mixed with brown to make it a little darker and closer to my skin tone. I followed all of the aftercare instructions my artist gave me correctly; washed it with mild soap, A&D ointment, and lubriderm lotion that my artist recommended. I was liberal with the lotion and ointment because I have Type 1 Diabetes (thus the tattoo) and my skin does dry out fairly quickly. It started to peel about 12 hours after I got it done, and now I seem to be entering the scabbing and itching stage. The scabs flake off whenever I put lotion on it or when I am changing my clothes and pulling my arms through the sleeves and I have not picked it or scratched it at all. The N is quite red...I am positive it is not an infection and I am thinking maybe my skin is just having an allergic reaction to the lighter ink.

What do you all think?

Thanks for your help!

-Megan
buttwheat
Hardcore

Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:22 am

Let it heal up. It will never look good white just doesn't. Go back and get the N redone in black after it heals up.
reefdiver
Hardcore

Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:54 pm

one of our members is diabetic with serious artwork, . so i doubt that that has anything to do with it.

i get the "type one" (now that you explained it) but what does the white "n" have to do with anything ???

you should have gotten a picture of a pancreas with and x thru it :twisted:
megannannne

Fri May 01, 2015 6:45 pm

The N symbolizes looking on the bright side of things. One day it will go from Type One to Type None :)

reefdiver wrote:one of our members is diabetic with serious artwork, . so i doubt that that has anything to do with it.

i get the "type one" (now that you explained it) but what does the white "n" have to do with anything ???

you should have gotten a picture of a pancreas with and x thru it :twisted:
EvilJay
Hardcore

Fri May 01, 2015 10:23 pm

You're really not even to the point that you should be using lotion yet. Your shit will take longer to heal by a small amount. I got a bunch of new work a few months ago, and I'm just finally getting the last couple problem spots heeled. I'm definitely a hard healer. Less is more when healing. Keep it clean and dry except the time between lubing it up, and wiping the shit off a couple minutes later. I'm type 1 insulin pump diabetic with 70-80 hours of work on me.

Looking at the pic, my guess is you're putting too much too. Let that thing dry out. And the 'n' looks dumb like that IMO. I'd get it done in black after it heals