anyone in the PA area next week: hori smoku

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

Gloom
Hardcore

Tue May 05, 2009 11:01 am

Hori Smoku Sailor Jerry has been selected to be screened at the Independence Seaport Museum as part of their exhibit Skin & Bones - Tattoos in the Life of the American Sailor. This provocative exhibit delves into the beliefs, mysteries, traditions, and power of the tattoo in American maritime culture. Our film will be screened on Tuesday, May 12th at 7pm, with a Q&A appearance by Director Erich Weiss. Tickets are $10 at the door for admission to the exhibit and the screening - first come, first served. Please arrive early to guarantee a seat.

Afterwards, a Sailor Jerry Art Exhibition at Top Hat (247 Market Street) will feature original Sailor Jerry flash artwork, with music by Philly’s own Rocktits DJs. 9pm-2am. FREE

Skin & Bones Exhibition: 6pm
Film Screening: 7pm
Independence Seaport Museum
Penn’s Landing (at Walnut Street)
$10 (First Come, First Served)

Sailor Jerry Art Exhibition
9pm-2am
Featuring the Rocktits DJs
Top Hat, 247 Market Street
Old City, Philly

http://horismokumovie.com/screenings/sc ... rt_museum/

http://www.philly.com/philly/calendar/S ... ailor.html

http://www.phillyseaport.org/New_Exhibi ... ones.shtml

my girl and I are trying to plan a trip next week to check out the museum and movie, anyone else on the board planning on going?
Freddie
Hardcore

Tue May 05, 2009 12:24 pm

I'm actually considering this as well. It's about a 3.5 hour trip for me, which isn't far at all, but it involvebs me taking off 2 days at the shop, which IS a bigger deal at this point in the year.

Honestly, I'm more interested in the exhibit than the documentary, since, eventually, it'll make it's way to DVD
Gloom
Hardcore

Tue May 05, 2009 12:34 pm

yeah... I have to take 2 days off work too which I'm stressed about since I've had a lot of stuff going on over the past few months and had to take a lot of days off. I really want to see the exhibit as well, luckily it runs until 1/10 which means I can see it if I can't make it out next week, but I'd still love to see the movie, as it has yet to play around me and on the website it says they're currently looking for a p&d deal for the dvd. it basically means there's currently no estimated date as to when and how it will end up on shelves (in actuality we'll probably have to order it specially off a website and pay lots for a copy.) if you do decide to go we should meet up for a beer afterwards.
Blackjack

Tue May 05, 2009 12:39 pm

Too fuk'n cool!!

I'm glad it's going to run so long. It'll give me a fighting chance to see it!

Thanks Gloom! :D
Gloom
Hardcore

Tue May 05, 2009 12:52 pm

Blackjack wrote:Too fuk'n cool!!

I'm glad it's going to run so long. It'll give me a fighting chance to see it!

Thanks Gloom! :D
np but be warned the exhibit runs until January. However, the movie is only being screened next week, and once again in October (I believe.) If you follow the links in my first post there's a more info about all of it. Good luck making it out there, and if you plan on going next week let me know... It would be cool to meet up with some folks off the board.