NEEDING HELP WITH YOUR TATTOO IDEAS?

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

Sphenoid
Hardcore

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:04 pm

Yeah I was asking how much it would hurt.

It's ok though guys, nevermind. I found a tattoo machine while I was walking out of K-mart yesterday. Now I just lick and stick and proudly walk in front of the biker bar :P
jim1961
Hardcore

Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:24 pm

I did that once....But, it started raining and things got real
runny om me arms and it started looking like sort of like
abstract art, then it sort of looked like a rainbow sleeve,
some of de bikers was winking at me. The thing that come
into my mind was, Run Forest Run! Run Forest Run! So I did!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by jim1961 on Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kraken
Hardcore

Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:49 pm

I'm 15 and noticed Charles Manson used to have wild orgies with hot hippie babes, and he put a swastika on his forehead, and I want to have orgies too, so I'm putting a swastika on my forehead --- and if anyone in school or at work judges me I'll tell them that I'm free and they should fuck off...
kpow
Hardcore

Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:44 am

im guna put this question in here so no-one moans at me :lol:

anyways just wanted abit of advice.....basicly, my next tattoo.
i have disided to leave getting the heratage tattoo till in afew years
reasons for this are;
more time to do research into family history etc
AND
more time to work at the design and make it PREFECT

however i am still going to get a tattoo, ive always really loved celtic designs and ive planned to get one at some point. so im going to get my celtic next instead :)
im going to ask my artist to mix up two things into one...hard to explain ill get a pic soon when i get it drawn up :) but anyway im torn as to where to put the tat so i was woundering if you guys would give me your opinions....

1-on my right arm....i already have two on my left arm and this would even it out abit, HOWEVER it been in the back of my mine for a LONG time that i might like to have a sleeve one day so im thinking leave my right arm for now at least......

2-back of my leg, on the calf. but from what i understand this is a place which will distort the tattoo IF i grow anymore. i also have afew strech makes there and im not sure about how that will look.

3-bottom of my ribs....so my stomach/chest type area....atm im loosing abit of weight, but by the time i go for the tat i will (most likely) have lost it....but will it change the shape of the tattoo if my body changes?

obiously ill make the disisionmy self but if anyone has anything to add or is willing to give me their opinion that would be good.... :)

thanks in advance :wink:
jim1961
Hardcore

Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:43 pm

Kpow, your question would best be answered by yourself or
your artist as per size, shape of your tattoo design.
Of course since you may get a sleeve later on your right
arm, probably best to not place your next tattoo there.
You would have to lose or gain alot of weight for a tattoo in
certain areas to change shape. There is a thread somewhere
down the line on weight and tattoos.
Excercise your brain power dear and i'm sure you will come
up with what's best for you... Best of luck!
kpow
Hardcore

Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:56 pm

thanks...that was the kind of coment i was looing for.
im going to make the disission for myslf not base it on what others have to say....i just find it helps me to discuss things with people....but i usually just talk tomyself about things :lol: obi when no ones around :lol:
hanalotus
Hardcore

Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:52 am

I think that's usually what it amounts to when someone asks about it, they're basically extending a hand to be accepted into the forum--which is fine. Man. You know what? Apathy has set in. :?
kpow
Hardcore

Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:54 am

ill just carry on talking to myself about it then.... :oops:
i dont have anyone one to talk to about it apart from my artist, none of my family have tattoos....well my grandma has a dot on her arm where she NEARLY got one :lol: and my friends dont have tattoos and the ones that want to get one dont look at tattoos the same as me.....so i thought it might be usful to have a place to bounce my ideas around.....

....perhaps if i think of a more stupid question...... :lol:
Butterfly9319
Hardcore

Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:50 pm

Just Bumping this up to the top, there seem to once again be a large number of "tattoo idea", "help me find a tattoo idea" and "I need a tattoo idea" threads coming about again.
kate_ster

Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:46 pm

okay now I feel bad for asking for an idea :? ...but I actually ended up getting what I was looking for, and I found a tattoo idea I am really excited and motivated to go have done...so i realize that the repeated question of "what do I get" gets really old, but believe it or not, the input is really helpful.
Butterfly9319
Hardcore

Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:14 pm

We're not saying dont ask any questions, but how did you end up finding your image? Google and photobucket.com. When I went looking for my tattoo, I knew I wanted two butterflies, but beyond that I had no idea. Instead of coming on here and asking "hey I like butterflies what tattoo should I get?" I google searched, I photobucket searched, I poured over books at the library with images of butterfies, and yes read this forum. it took me almost 4 months of reasearch to figure out if I wanted natural or cartoony butterflies, if I wanted tribal or colored, what colors I wanted, did I want them wings out or to appear as if in flight? I finally walked into the shop I was going to, told the front desk girl I was looking for an artist, she asked what I was thinking, I told her butterflies, she took me to the artist who specalized in faires and butterfies and other girly type tattoos. I looked through her portfilio, talked with her and watched her tattoo someone. I spent almost 6 hours in that shop and never got a tattoo. I made my apointment with her, gave her the images I liked, and when I came in 4 days later for my tattoo, she had a few rough sketches drawn up. We worked for another 2 hours to make it what I wanted and she got to work. It sounds like a crapload of work, but I got exactly what I wanted and I didn't have to ask anybody what I should get. In the end, all we are saying is look into yourself to figure out what you want, we all like different things, and we all can't decide what everyone else should get. I mean my friend has snowflakes on her foot, I don't personally like them, but its not my body, so I don't care. She doesn't like butterflies, but she sat next to me while I got mine done, took pics and was supportive. To each their own! :lol:
BadWolf
Verified

Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:14 am

Ya, butt alleye wunna no iz what tat2 shud I git nxt?
Jist txt me n snd a message 2 me n lemme no wut u r thinkin I shul d git.
I wunna sleev, n need iduz. N sins ya doan reele no me, eye wuz wunderin what ya think wuz best 4 me? eye gott a frend thats tattin outta hiz hows, end hez perdy gud. so whaddueye wunna git? n f ya cnt reed txt spk (retard), Jist FUK off!
Butterfly9319
Hardcore

Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:55 am

BadWolf wrote:Ya, butt alleye wunna no iz what tat2 shud I git nxt?
I wunna sleev, n need iduz. N sins ya doan reele no me, eye wuz wunderin what ya think wuz best 4 me? eye gott a frend thats tattin outta hiz hows, end hez perdy gud. so whaddueye wunna git? n f ya cnt reed txt spk (retard), Jist FUK off!
Well I suggest getting one of your 15 year old "awesome" artist friends to draw you up a smudgy dirty sketch of a cow taking a shit, then go to Billy bob's trailer, have him grab his spin brush pro tattoo "gun" and lie back in his lazy boy while he whips up some ink for you out of the melted crayons of his kids, and wowee...you will have a kick ass tattoo, and lots of hep C forever! :roll:
EvilJay
Hardcore

Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:49 am

BadWolf wrote:Ya, butt alleye wunna no iz what tat2 shud I git nxt?
Ughhhhh.. Christ... Make the stupid stop..... Aghhhhhhhh.....
Butterfly9319
Hardcore

Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:09 am

aww EvILjaY, dn't hat on baDwlF, hiz jus tryn to bee as kewl (clown hat smileyface....I love cartman!) as u...I mene cmon! dere iz smeting aezome aboOt riTEing Lik diz! Fo' sheez!

God that is painful to write.....we have to make it stop!