will vary depending on the

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

Labi1995
Hardcore

Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:26 am

In response to a Facebook update I put up on the Runblogger FB page about the Reuters article, a reader posed the following question:“How come science can manage amazing things like heart transplants, Nike Air Max 95 Womens in vitro fertilisation, Martian rovers, smartphones that can access anything in the world instantly, GPS accuracy etc – but can’t agree on what sort of shoes we should wear when running?”My answer is quite simple. Human variation. Humans are not robots or machines built on assembly lines. We are variable, and Nike Air Max 2017 Dámské biology is messy. For example, recent studies mapping the genome of Neanderthals and Denisovans have revealed www.bezvazeme.cz that both species have contributed to the modern human genome, and the amount and proportion is geographically variable. For example, as reported on Ancient-Origins.net:About 1.5 to 2.1 percent of the DNA of Nike Air Vapormax Femme all people with European ancestry can be traced to Neanderthals.Proportions of Nike Air Max Tavas Mujer Neanderthal DNA are higher among Asians and Native Americans, who also have small percentages of Denisovan DNA.6 percent of the genome of Australian Aborigines and indigenous Papua New Guineans belong to the Denisovan species.Based on this I’m about 2% Neanderthal, which I find really cool and may explain the giant noggin sitting atop my shoulders (which I have sadly passed on to my daughter and youngest son, they both have melon heads).
Another example – my friend Becki from The Middle Miles is a chiropractic student and she recently shared Nike Air Max 90 Femme Rose an awesome article showing how anatomical variability in the skeleton can influence how people perform squats. Check it out, the pictures are great.So we’re genetically variable, anatomically variable, and physiologically variable. The environment can play a big role here too. Our bones, muscles, and connective tissues adapt to the stresses they Nike Air Max 2017 Damen experience. Thus, our anatomy is going to vary based on a wide variety of factors. Diet, past history of footwear use, past history of exercise type (Ever seen a hockey player run? Looks like they are skating. I had a client who was a ballerina when she was younger and she ran on her tippy toes.). The point again is that we are not all the same.I could go on, but the point I want to make is that we should not expect there to be a single solution that works for all when it comes to Nike Air Huarache Womens running shoes (or form for that matter), and the science seems to be bearing that out by finding little difference when we compare injury risk between widely divergent footwear. Some people will do better in maximally cushioned shoes like Hokas, some will do better barefoot, and yes, some may need a Brooks Beast. Unfortunately we like neat and tidy messages telling us that one way is the best, but I just don’t Nike Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit Racer Mujer think that’s the case here (maybe if we all grew up barefoot chasing antelope all day, but those days are long gone).At the end of the day it’s an individual journey of finding out what works for you and your body given your genetics and environmental background. Science can’t answer the question of what is the best running shoe because the answer will vary depending on the person. Embrace human variability, we are an amazing Nike Air Max 2017 Mens species.