FAQ Search Memberlist Register Profile MPS Search Log in to check your private messages Log in

K'Waun Williams Jersey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tattoo Forum at Everytattoo.com Forum Index -> Tattoos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linchao

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:32 am    Post subject: K'Waun Williams Jersey Reply with quote

COSTA MESA K'Waun Williams Jersey , Calif. (AP) — Although Derwin James played against the best college players at Florida State, the Los Angeles Chargers‘ rookie safety is learning how football can be an entirely different game at its highest level.

“The speed is, uh, a little different,” James said. “There’s more guys that can run. And big guys! You’ll see big guys flashing across your face, and you’ll be like, ‘Dang, why are they moving that fast?’ You don’t see it in college, but you’re out there and a guy is 300 pounds and he’s running, and you’re just like, ‘Oh, man, that’s unbelievable.'”

James is getting up to speed quickly in the Chargers’ secondary, and he looks increasingly likely to grab a starting job.

Defensive coordinator Gus Bradley acknowledged Monday that the Chargers think James could start in their regular season opener alongside Jahleel Addae. James is still learning on the job, but his progress in the Bolts’ first three preseason games has been exciting to his coaches.

“You can see his confidence growing in the system,” Bradley said. “If he makes a mistake Grady Jarrett Jersey , now he knows. He’ll come over and go, ‘That was on me.’ I couldn’t say that a couple of weeks ago.”

James was expected to step up quickly as a first-round pick, and his path to a starting spot was cleared when the Chargers allowed Tre Boston to leave in the offseason. But James still has to prove that Bradley can rely on him, and he’s getting a comprehensive test during the Chargers’ preseason schedule, which concludes at San Francisco on Thursday night.

James’ 106 preseason snaps are the most among the Chargers’ defensive players.

“I feel like the more reps I get, the more knowledge will come,” James said. “Gus does a great job of saying, ‘When you’re uncomfortable, that’s when you get the most growth.’ Right now I’m kind of uncomfortable, and I feel like I’m getting better each day.”

Bradley used James and Addae at both strong safety and free safety last weekend against New Orleans, deliberately testing their versatility. James played many roles at Florida State, but learning those roles in Bradley’s defense requires study and repetition.

James played in the box effectively as a strong safety for the Seminoles, while playing deep as a free safety isn’t quite as familiar. He’s also getting chances to rush the passer from multiple spots in the formation, adding more experiences to his skill set.

James made mistakes against the Saints, but also made a handful of outstanding plays — including his first interception against the quarterback who will likely end this season as the most prolific passer in NFL history. James sniffed out Drew Brees’ long pass to Ted Ginn and leaped to make an outstanding catch.

“There is going to be a learning curve,” Bradley said. “I think he’s going to go out there and he’ll make a mistake here and there Earl Mitchell Jersey , but he will also make some splash plays. Just like the (interception). You saw him make a great play, and then there’s a play (later) where you go, ‘OK, let’s teach on this.’ There might be some coaching on the sideline if that takes place on some plays, but he has gradually gotten better.”

While he learns on the job, James has immediately taken a vocal role on the Chargers’ defense, fulfilling his self-declared intention on draft day to become a team leader.

“He’s already talking,” Bradley said. “When you come off the field, he’s talking to the guys, ‘Hey, that’s not good enough. This is good enough. This is what we’re looking to do. That’s a great job by the D-line.’ He’s very animated. He has a lot of energy. I think that personality will show more when he gains even more confidence in the system.”

Max Fried was so good that he didn’t even need all the support Nick Markakis and the Braves provided for his first win of the season.

Markakis hit a grand slam, Fried took a shutout into the seventh inning and Atlanta beat the St. Louis Cardinals 11-4 on Saturday night.

”You’ve got to give all the credit to Max,” Markakis said. ”He went out and pitched one of the better games I’ve seen. For him, two runs early on was enough for him. It was nice to get some runs and give him a nice cushion there.”

The Braves have won the first two games of the three-game set. The Cardinals have dropped three in a row.

Fried (1-2) stymied the Cardinals on 101 pitches before being pulled with two outs in the seventh. Recalled from Triple-A Gwinnett to start the game, he struck out 11, allowed four singles and walked three.

”My curveball was definitely on tonight Micah Hyde Jersey ,” said Fried, who also recorded his first major league hit with a single in the fifth. ”I was able to throw it for strikes, put it in the dirt when I wanted to. The big thing for me was getting the fastball over. I felt like I was able to get strike one pretty good. That was my main goal.”

Luke Weaver (4-7) went 4 2/3 innings, giving up 10 runs on eight hits, walking two and striking out five. He gave up homers to Markakis in his final inning and a two-run shot to Ronald Acuna Jr. in the second.

”At the end of the day, I was just done on a couple big swings,” Weaver said. ”I thought I threw some pitches in good spots, but it’s got to be executed a little bit better and you’ve just got to flush these types of days.”

The Braves sent 11 players to the plate in the six-run fifth. After Ozzie Albies doubled in Fried, the Cardinals intentionally walked Freddie Freeman to face Markakis. The right fielder hit his ninth homer of the season and fourth career grand slam off a 3-2 pitch.

”To be honest with you, I was just looking to hit something into the outfield and get a run in, and I ended up one of the better at-bats in the season,” Markakis said. ”I looked back at the video and (the pitch) wasn’t exactly where he wanted it, but he threw it somewhere close to the zone and I put a good swing on it.”

He added a sacrifice fly in the sixth to bring in Albies, finishing with five RBI on the day.

Albies went 3 for 5 and has a 10-game hit streak, batting .467 (21 for 47) during that span.

The Cardinals scored all of their runs in the ninth off Matt Wisler, including a leadoff home run from Jose Martinez.

LONGEVITY

Cardinals C Yadier Molina played in his 1 Jatavis Brown Jersey ,800th game, joining Hall of Famers Stan Musial, Lou Brock, Ozzie Smith and Enos Slaughter as Cardinals to play in at least that many. Molina entered the majors in 2004 and has spent his entire career with St. Louis. He ranks 12th among active players in games played.

MOVES

To make room for Fried, the Braves designated OF Peter Bourjos for assignment. Bourjos, in his first year with the Braves, was batting .205 in 36 games. He also played for St. Louis in 2014 and 2015.

TRAINING ROOM

Braves: RHP Arodys Vizcaino (shoulder inflammation) is expected to come off the 10-day DL on Monday. The Braves closer threw a side session Saturday and is on target for his return to the team. … C Tyler Flowers, who left Friday’s game with a right hamstring cramp after flying out to end the sixth inning, didn’t start Saturday. The Braves said it was part of the regular rotation between Flowers and C Kurt Suzuki. The two have alternated starts for the past 16 games.

Cardinals: RHP Luke Gregerson (right shoulder impingement) is scheduled to begin a rehab stint at Triple A Memphis on Sunday. He has yet to appear with the minor league club since going on the 10-day DL on May 16.

UP NEXT

Braves: RHP Mike Foltynewicz (5-4, 2.14) goes for his first win in a month. After tossing a 4-0 shutout against the Washington Nationals on June 1, he went 0-1 in his final three starts of the month. He failed to get past the fifth in any his final three June outings.

Cardinals: RHP John Gant (2-2, 3.4Cool is coming off his best start of the season, giving up one hit over seven innings as St. Louis beat the Cleveland Indians 4-0 on Monday. This is his first appearance against his former club since a 2016 trade that saw the Cardinals send starting pitcher Jaime Garcia to the Braves in exchange for three minor leaguers, including Gant.

Authentic Womens Deadrin Senat Jersey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tattoo Forum at Everytattoo.com Forum Index -> Tattoos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: