? Foot Tattoo

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

pagizmo

Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:32 pm

Thinking about getting a tattoo on the top of my foot...Just wondering how much pain I might encounter. First tattoo was on the bottom of my back. Please help.
Butterfly9319
Hardcore

Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:33 pm

Don't have one there personally, but my friend does, she said that her lower back one hurt ten times worse than the one on her foot... if that helps at all? :)
punksurfer024
Hardcore

Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:38 pm

pain is in your head, just get it done! :D
jim1961
Hardcore

Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:49 pm

Yep, just git ur done! Good luck!
ArtRevolver
Hardcore

Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:58 am

Hi there,

If you're thinking of getting a tattoo on your foot, I'm the girl to talk to :) I have tattoos on the tops of both of my feet. I absolutely love them, but there are definitely some things you should know before jumping in with both feet (pardon the pun..) I have several tattoos on various parts of my body, but by far, the foot was one of the most painful spots to be worked on. I have a fairly extensive piece on my left foot and by the end of the session, I was ready to call it quits. The result was beautiful though, so I'm glad I stuck it out!

Also, because of it's tricky location, wearing shoes is NOT something I would suggest right away.. My first foot tattoo had a very short and easy healing time- my second however seems to be taking longer. Because of the amount of detail work, my foot swelled up twice its size by day two so I wasnt able to fit into any shoes, plus it was really really sore and made walking rather difficult for the first 48-72 hours.

Wearing shoes and socks also creates a potential environment for bacteria to build up and cause infection, so the cleaning of the piece is important. Flipflops or barefoot are optimum- also, sporting an icepack at night greatly helps swelling.

Though it's a real pain to take care of it, feet tattoos can be really beautiful and exotic. I just wouldn't suggest it for a first timer..!

-ArtRevolver
DemonObrien

Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:30 am

Once again, it ALL depends on the person!!! :wink:
Our Head piercer has a beautiful piece on the top of her foot & she said it didn't hurt that bad at all.... She got it in the early afternoon & worked all day & it barely even swelled.
SO, once again, it depends on the person. :wink: