Inner mouth tattoo

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

RubberduckSammich

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:31 pm

Could someone knowledgable on the subject please tell me the details of the best way to work on the inside of a lower lip. Just 3 letters. I've heard that it may fall out, and that it could possibly get infected? What's the best way to care for this kind of piece?
sharifjomaa
Hardcore

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:14 pm

gargle with hydrochloric acid..lol sorry i know you wanted serious comments but i couldn't help it.
EvilJay
Hardcore

Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:19 am

Go to a legitimate tattoo artist...
spideytat
Hardcore

Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:27 am

but jay i thought kitchen scratchers were the in thing these days?
RubberduckSammich

Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:43 am

Yeah well obviously I'm not going to disassemble my blow dryer like I did in the joint to do it. :roll: My sis is the one who wants it and we just moved to this town, and since I haven't been to any of the shops-don't really know anyone around here. So when we go, I want to make sure it's done legit. Since it's NOT a very popular thing and it IS a pretty sensetive area. Personally I think it's a rotten idea, but she insists on doing it this weekend. Anyone actually have anything helpful??
DemonObrien

Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:54 am

& do you know that he IS a "scratcher"?!?!?!?! (That was kinda' mean of you guys.... :evil: )
We have several of our artists that have done inner(Bottom) lip tattoos.
Watch your depth & use a light hand, but not too light.... & Yes, they do tend to "fall out" a little. Nothing a touch up or 2 won't fix..... :wink:
RubberduckSammich

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:07 am

Right on... She wants old English letters, but it might look kinda blurry. Then again it will probably be ridiculous no matter what :lol: So long as everyone can read it when she's all hammered with her lip hanging down. lol. I just worry about it getting infected. Salt water would probably ruin it, and I doubt if there's a lethal dose of bacitracin being ingested. We'll see what they say at the shop.
DemonObrien

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:21 am

Oops, my bad... :oops:
I meant to tell you to trear it very much like a mouth piercing. Yes, salt water & non-alcoholic mouthwash. They heal VERY fast!!!!! Like, 2-3 DAYS!!! :wink: :twisted:
& they're not usually blurry....
RubberduckSammich

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:38 am

Ok... that gives me somethin to work with... I just want to watch it close, ya know so my sis doesn't end up with a fucked up grill. Thx for the info...
I must say - as I was waiting for replies on that, I cruised around this website lookin around & whatnot... There are some deep ass discussions goin down, Ok. Somea yous need to quit typin & go draw a fucken picture :wink: Aw hell-maybe one of these days I will have enough time on my hands to work up a badass profile for all you boneheads to check out :lol:
Thanks again demon have a slammin day
ChillMike
Hardcore

Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:46 am

RubberduckSammich wrote: I must say - as I was waiting for replies on that, I cruised around this website lookin around & whatnot... There are some deep ass discussions goin down, Ok. Somea yous need to quit typin & go draw a fucken picture :wink:
Thanks again demon have a slammin day
That's because 99% of the questions asked here should be answered by the artist doing the inking/designing.

Think about it for a second, why o why would you get a tattoo from some place that didn't have the answer but the internet did? Why wouldn't you find a place that could give as good if not better answer than you're going to get online.
Seriously it's frustating, I'm not even an artist nor do I want to be but asking for designs, care ect on the internet? Hello? If your artist can't answer these things why go there?
Would you go to a surgeon who couldn't answer what a recoup time was? Would you go to an engineer who designs drawings that couldn't answer what the final product would look like?
Seriously it's quite lame to be honest.

Here's a few honest points

1. If you go to a shop/parlor ect.... that can't sketch/draw up exactly what you want, why in the fuck would you want them using an instrument that uses needles and draws blood on your own body?
2. If you wanted a portrait drawing of your family or something else....why o why would you need to present them with a complete sketch or the like? Wouldn't you like the artist to be able to draw what your concept is?
3. Probably most importantly if you don't think that the artist knows about what constitutes a safe tattoo and aftercare what in the world makes you think that their process to clean and santize their equipment is any better than Scratcher joe that "tattoos" (and I use that VERY loosely) out of his kitchen or bedroom?

Look think of getting a tattoo as getting surgery. Look at the "surgeons" past work, take a look at their "office" ect...... would you get surgery at a place where they weren't tooo postive about doing a particular surgery or had a some what disorganized/dirty office?
RubberduckSammich

Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:29 am

Yea absolutely...I would just take her to the place where I studied to be sure it was done right but the only problem is that it's 500 miles away. I'm not familiar with the shops around here yet. And unlike the rest of the self-proclaimed geniuses out there, I admit when I don't know shit. That's why I'm tryin to dig something up about this particular subject before I take the kid to a shop I've never been to. A lot of people will be like "yeah I've done that before, sure yeah, yeah" and have not a clue how to do it properly. Since it's not an everyday regular tattoo, I will feel alot better about it if the artist we pick is able to tell me some of the same of the 2nd & 3rd opinions I've been getting elsewhere, ya know...
Jimboman

Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:33 pm

Some girl at my highschool has her bottom lip done shes only like 15 shes got her nipples peirced and liek 4 tattoos on her one foot
jim1961
Hardcore

Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:54 pm

Getting a inner lip tattoo sounds like fun... :shock:

http://www.tattooartists.org/Gallery.asp?GalleryID=2248
EvilJay
Hardcore

Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:08 am

Jimboman wrote:Some girl at my highschool has her bottom lip done shes only like 15 shes got her nipples peirced and liek 4 tattoos on her one foot
Sweet.. I bet she's easy.. Just wrap it dude, she's probably dirty...