Lions vs Browns: What Just Happened?

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

laiyongcai92
Hardcore

Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:25 am

I’ve been covering the Detroit Lions for going on four seasons now. Yet due to my high school football duties for the Holland Sentinel http://www.lionscheapshop.com/cheap-aut ... unt-jersey , I’ve never had to cover or even watch the fourth preseason game before until this Thursday.Honestly I wish I would have been covering a high school game instead. The Lions went out and put forth an embarrassing performance that I’m not sure how to write about but still will. They suffered a horrible 35-17 loss to the Cleveland Browns. As always, I have thoughts on this game. These are those thoughts. You ever see that scene is Scanners where the guys head blows up?This is what it felt like to watch the Lions have 40 yards of offense halfway through the second quarter of the game. Look, I know this is the final game and this is nothing more than figuring out who’s going to claim the final roster spots, but this was just an embarrassing spectacle to watch. Let’s just move on. The Jake Rudock era is over I hope people never forget that they wanted to cut an elite quarterback and start this guy. Seriously. Never forget how dumb people can be about football. In a game where Jake needed to show that he should be the Lions No. 1 backup, he went out and 14-of-24 for 112 yards and a touchdown. That may sound good, but almost all of the good stuff happened in the very last drives of the game. At this point, if you’re a Rudock fan, you should be worried if he’ll ever make another team. I’m 100 percent serious. This may be the end of his playing career. Lucky for him Cheap Marvin Jones Jr Jersey , he’s a smart guy that could someday be a good coach. Matt Cassel is totally making this...In all seriousness, Cassel is obviously the Lions backup quarterback in 2018 pending a last-minute trade. Even though he had this atrocious interception, he actually played better than Rudock, even though the stats don’t show it.He finished the game going 4-11 for 64 yards and a pick. Somewhere Aaron Rodgers is licking his chopsThat’s right. The NFL’s version of the character that Don Cheadle played in Boogie Nights is looking at the pass rush this Lions team lacks and is thinking about all the stats he’s going to put up against this team. The Lions are just incapable of getting to the quarterback. While it was only the second, third and fourth teams on Thursday, the Lions defense allowed Baker Mayfield to just do whatever he wanted in the pocket all night. Perhaps the most embarrassing moment is when Mayfield danced around for 33 minutes without getting sacked and the Lions wound up getting called for defensive holding. Packers fans are going to love Zach Zenner and Dwayne Washington actually looked ok. Zenner only wound up playing two or three snaps before he left the game with an injury. At this point, he’s getting cut on Friday and I’m 98 percent sure that he will wind up with the Green Bay Packers. He will then score on the Lions in October. I’m taking this hunch to the bank. Dwayne Washington is probably right behind Zach Zenner when it comes to getting cut, and he probably knew that too. Maybe that’s why he had a decent showing on Thursday night. He finished the night with 67 rushing yards and 47 receiving. He looked like a guy who knew he finished with some good tape for teams interested in bringing someone like him in. He’ll find a roster spot. I have no doubts about that. Thank god it’s overThe preseason was just one big blow to any optimism anyone ever had before the season. It was just a long four weeks full of minimal good things. The regular season is just 10 days away at this point. I know that nobody is going to care when I say this Cheap Darius Slay Jr Jersey , but again, it’s only preseason. The Lions and every team in the NFL are running vanilla at every single phase. Don’t get too discouraged, even if the Lions have some work they desperately need to do in those 10 days.Here’s a song that’ll probably make you feel better. For the second week in a row the PODcast has blown predictions about the trade deadline. First, we expected a quiet couple weeks from the team and were proven wrong in less than 24 hours when the Detroit Lions traded for Damon Harrison Sr. Then earlier this week, we shrugged off Golden Tate rumors only to, again, be proven wrong in less than a day.So the PODcast reconvened late Tuesday night to eat a bunch of humble pie and discuss the team’s somewhat surprising move. To help discuss the trade, we brought along Kyle Yost Cheap Matthew Stafford Jersey , who advocated for this very trade about a month ago. Along with Jeremy and Ryan, they debate the merits of this move and what it means for the team. This week on the EMERGENCY PODcastJeremy is frustrated, Kyle is vindicated and Ryan is somewhere in between. Was a third-round pick enough compensation? Weighing the cost-benefit between losing Golden Tate for nine games and earning a second-day draft pick. Is there any chance the Lions make a play for Tate this upcoming free agency period? The crew discusses the short-term implications of the trade: Is the 2018 season over? How will the Lions offense adjust? Who stands to benefit the most? Speaking long-term, is receiver a big need headed into the 2019 draft or are the Lions becoming a more run-based offense?Between this and the “Snacks” trade, what kind of message is the front office sending to its players and fans? Download and subscribe to the PODcast on these platforms: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | ART19