My 1st Tat - 75% done

If you're new to getting tattooed ask your questions here

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, Freddie, CxCx

the_grimace

Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:16 am

so i finally got my first tat. first i just want to thank everyone here for all the help they gave me. Definately helped me a ton, and took a lot of confusion out of it for me. anyways, heres the pics.

Note: this is 75% done, basically, just need to do color yet.
- The thorns are going to be brown
- leaves a darker green
- roses will be tri-toned with red,orange, and the black thats already there
- vines just need to be tri-toned with some yellow (have the green and black already
-"thinking" of adding brown to the cross.

--------------

i really wanted to get it done in one shot. It is a 5 hour tattoo, and i got about 4 hours in and then pussied out. My artist said 4 hours for your first tattoo is pretty damn good, but oh well. The first 3 hours actually werent bad at all! it was into the 4th hour that i was in intense pain. I think b/c my skin was so raw at that point, and even him cleaning the tattoo hurt.

so ill just wait a few weeks, go back in fresh for the rest of the color. and ill post the finished pics at the time too.

AND OH!!!! big question! i noticed in the vines especially, that there is a lot of these red blotchy spots on them. it kinda looks like hardened scabs from blood, since its not coming off, and they feel a bit bumpy? they are also very close to the skin, but they do have a itsy bitsy bit of height since they are bumpy spots. is that what they are? and will they eventually go away?

for an ex. of what i mean, look at the first picture, and if you look at the vine coming out from the rose going to the top left, youll see in the light spot about halfway up the vine, these little what appear to be blotchy black spots. in real life they are a deep red. so thats the example if you need a pic :P
Last edited by the_grimace on Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rider68
Hardcore

Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:29 am

The pics are kind of dark, so I really can't give an opinion, but congrats on the ink though! My first tat I sat 4 hours too, and definitely even the wiping off of blood and ink felt like low grade sandpaper.
the_grimace

Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:43 am

there, i brightened the pics a bit.
Rider68
Hardcore

Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:54 am

I'm no expert, but it looks good. I like the colors you have planned for it, although, I wouldn't add brown to the cross, but I prefer crosses in black & grey (I have one myself). Just my .02.
sadie703
Hardcore

Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:59 am

IMO i think it would look awesome as b/g .. makes the colors of the roses and all that pop out

edit: 4 hours *shudder* i did 2 and i thought i was dying lol
Rider68
Hardcore

Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:14 am

sadie703 wrote:IMO i think it would look awesome as b/g .. makes the colors of the roses and all that pop out

edit: 4 hours *shudder* i did 2 and i thought i was dying lol
Yeah, but you're a weenie. :-D

But a weenie with a cool-ass tattoo!
yorvo
Hardcore

Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:51 am

You need to empty that garbage can my friend.
the_grimace

Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:51 pm

yorvo wrote:You need to empty that garbage can my friend.
lol, i gave up trying to keep the house clean. I still live with my parents unfortunately, and my sister and mom are fucking slobs. I just live in my room, and fortunately, keep that clean.
yorvo
Hardcore

Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:58 pm

I'd have your artist add the brown and some yellows to the cross to give it a tarnished gold look. It's already pretty shaded so the yellow would just be accents.
the_grimace

Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:06 pm

yorvo wrote:I'd have your artist add the brown and some yellows to the cross to give it a tarnished gold look. It's already pretty shaded so the yellow would just be accents.
hmm, a good suggestion. yea... im pretty confused on coloring the cross. Im happy with the colors im choosing for the vines and roses, but the cross is troublesome.

my artist says it will look good with color or just as it is now, so its up to me. but i guess we can work some color out, i got at least 3 weeks to think about it