but i dont wnat it to be bad in anyway.. obviously

im scared that if i dont bring a design in then it will suck

but i also wonder that if i do... the artist would get offended

would they?

someone please lemme know...

thanks
d3adkl0wn

Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:55 pm

dude if the artist gets offended because you brought in something that you like, leave... most if not all good artists will work w/ you to create a custom tat as well...
BadWolf
Verified

Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:09 pm

An artist shouldn't get offended by you bringing in a design. Depending on their ability, they may be able to make suggestions about making it better, and a good artist will not NEED you to have anything other than an idea, and the ability to relay the idea to them. As I have said many times, it is a good way to see how good a tattooist is. If someone NEEDS you to supply a design, they probably shouldn't be tattooing. Why would you want to be tattooed by someone not capable of drawing? So, what it comes down to is this: If you are worried you will get a bad tattoo if you do not supply the person with a design, why have you decided to go with that person?
CxCx
Verified

Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:43 pm

this is an area where my mentor and I disagree. for me personally, I'd perfer a person to just come in and say "hey man, i'm thinking about something like..." and explain his/herself and let me take a stab at a design. My mentor perferrs a person to bring a design in. his things is this : "i can't read minds, and what i see in your explanation may not be exactly what you want, so why not skip the extra steps and get it done the right way the first time". Like I said, it's an area where we disagree (although i'd never call him on it, as a matter of respect)
AXmichigan

Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:43 pm

im just a paranoid person in general

and sicne i havent gotten a tattoo before... so im more paranoid

i really want one

but like.. its permamnent.. so no f*ck ups

i havent found a person and they said any of this

its more of a precautionary of what i think i might do

so i could like take a deisgn idea then be like

"i want somethin like this... anyway to make it better? any critiques?"

also

i noe that prices vary alot for tattoos... but approximatelyu how much would it cost to get a tattoo across my upper back (like shoulder blades and a lil bit of middle area)...

i relaly dont have a clue, and i noe that prices vary

im just curious for a ballpark.. of somethin not that complex like some tribal desings and a couple symbols

200? 400? more...? less?... somewhere in between?
AXmichigan

Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:16 am

grrr

how come nooone ever responds to taht....
bobdolejr
Hardcore

Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:12 am

Mine was in the middle of your price range and took 2 hours and had 3 colors....
StazNasty

Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:54 am

When getting the tattoo, if you bring something in yet want them to give their own spin on it, just tell them.

Be like "Hey, this is the general concept, but you're the artist. I'd appreciate any ideas, modifications, anything you think would make this more of a personal thing"

As for the prices, run into your local shop and see how much they charge by the hour.

The more detail - The more time
The larger the size - The more time

Obviously.

Unfortunately, the one I'm looking at for my back, may cost in excess of 1500 bucks.
dreamer5
Hardcore

Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:09 am

sounds to me like you haven't even been to your local tattoo shop...stop being paranoid and go ask someone....jeez, if you really want a tattoo, then what are you waiting for? $200? $400? what's the difference? if it's a tattoo you want then the price shouldn't matter....most of mine have been $300-$400....some less, some more...price doesn't matter, what you want matters....and yes, it's permanent....ya think???? so why would you want to get a tribal design? yikes...put a little thought into it already....
yodaddynukka
Hardcore

Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:19 am

wow this thread is almost 3 years old...