So Fla Artists?

Recommend Artists/Studios, ask for help finding the perfect artist for your tattoo.

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid

motopsyko32
Hardcore

Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:48 pm

OK, so some 2 years ago, i started a Tribal tat on my arm and lately I have the itch to extend it and make it bigger. I went to the place that originally did it and they want $300 to complete what i want. Does anyone in South Florida have any hookups with a local shop? I dont wanna go get tatted in someones garage either. A shop. With sterilizing machines and all. license and insured... you know the ones Im talking about...

Basically I have a tribal on my shoulder on my right arm and I want more work down to just above my elbow, my shoulder blacde, my upper chest and just below my neck.
Last edited by motopsyko32 on Sun May 11, 2008 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inkedbutterflywb

Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:55 pm

Cheap work inst good, and good work isnt cheap!
motopsyko32
Hardcore

Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:57 pm

i dont want CHEAP work per say, just a little break on the price because of name dropping you know...
BadWolf
Verified

Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:28 pm

I don't know about Florida tattooists, but when you come into my studio, it doesn't matter who's name you drop....unless you drop the name of a person who is willing to pay my rent/mortgage, car payment, electric, all my materials, family food bills, buy us clothes and supply me with booze on the weekends, you aren't gonna get a discount.
Sublime

Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:59 pm

Hey I'm new to these forums and have read quite a few posts and everyone I read badwolf sounds negative? is it just me or is this guy just really cocky? And if you read the first post badwolf hes asking if anyone knows of any places in fl that would do cheep work, hes not asking for your two cents...you may not drop prices for someone you know becuase maybe you have no good friends like alot of us do, but I'm sure there is people who will if you ask nice enough...You obviously don't give a shit about the art you just wanna get paid...but hey your only american! so I don't blame you :roll:
TatsbyBones

Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:20 pm

First off let me preface this by saying I am not out to buddy up to anyone, or hurt anyone's feelings. That said, Badwolf is only, in my opinion, trying to help educate some of the newer, and sometimes older "artists" who have no clue what a dirty and dangerous venture getting or performing a tattoo can be for both client and tattooer. If they had a clue, they would heartily agree with every statement I have read him make on this forum. Does it sound cockey and mean? Well to be honest, I would get pretty frustrated saying the same thing over and over to a pair, or many pairs of deaf or dumb ears. If you are in this industry, you are aware that 3 in 10 customers that you tattoo have some form of hep. HIV, or any other variety of blood born bad shit. If you as a professional do not take the time to learn how to not cross contaminate, not only to protect your other clients as well as yourself, your not only ingnorant, your a danger to the public, your family, and anyone else you come in close contact with. Does that make those of us who take every step to avoid these scenarios pissed off, when we come across the dregs of this industry? Hell F-ing yes it does.

they make us all look bad, and SPREAD DISEASE. On to not giving a discount..I have no knowledge of this man, other than that is is a well educated, PROFESSIONALL who more than likely derives his entire living tattooing. If he chooses to give or not give a discount to whover, is HIS porogative. Does it make him a dick? No, it makes him a buisness man. My God people, if you cannot deal with the truth, go hide your collective heads in the sand somewhere else. This is not directly at any member in particular, but if the shoe fits, where it out.
Last edited by TatsbyBones on Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BadWolf
Verified

Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:34 pm

Sublime, I have lots of friends. So many, in fact, that if I gave them discounts, that is ALL I would do. If I gave one of them a break, and not another, they would get pissed off. Soon, I would not be able to pay my bills, and would have to get a job. That would take at least 8 hours a day away from tattooing. So, you see, you are WRONG that I only care about the money. The money is simply what allows me to tattoo 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, if I so desire. Cutting prices is just cutting my throat, and the throats of all my friends, in the long run. It may get them some cheap tattoos, NOW...but in a year, when I have to get a job at Wal-Mart because I cut everyone a break, I won't have the time or the place to tattoo them, so they'd just be looking for the next asshole that would give them cheap tattoos.

Just thought I'd spell it out for you since you didn't catch it in it's more "raw" form. I thought it would be easy enough to "get", but I suppose my expectations are too high, sometimes.

Cheap tattoos are a myth...They don't exist.
Sublime

Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:34 pm

Right...You guys have entirely way to much time on your hands...but hey you give tattoos for a living! :lol: maybe you should try getting a real job, and then you can make "real" money...Or is the concept of working too hard to comprehend? maybe you have no real eduaction, you know the one where you spend thousands of dollars on tuition and in return get a job that will earn you well over 200k a year, but hey some people don't have what it takes to graduate, "not pointing at anyone in particular...just stereotyping tattoo artists..."
BadWolf
Verified

Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:13 pm

Highly uneducated stereotype.

If you have such a low opinion of tattooists, why are you here?
Last edited by BadWolf on Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
TatsbyBones

Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:17 am

Don't know about you "sublime" but most tattooist make a more than decent living. Perhaps your a little envious that your job, and I am sure it is a glamorous one in every sense of the word, isn't quite as fun? :oops:
Sublime

Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:39 am

The reason I am here was to get a "quote" on a tat but fuck it you guys arent artists you guys are losers who can't pay bills on time without giving a tattoo...sad huh? And believe me in my line of work I encounter lots of people you would never even have a chance of being in the presence of...ever...including myself...I can already picture what each and every single one of you look like...White trash...yes sir it's true! have a good life encountering all your "diseases" and visiting web sites that has people like badwolf, a high school drop out whos future lies in wal-mart and tattoo studios...Great career opurtunities for people who have no ambition in life...
TatsbyBones

Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:42 am

Well you certainly joined the right forum then. Must have been that high priced edumacation. What a joke. PLEASE come to my shop and let me give you a quote in person. Hell, for you I'd do the tat for free.
BadWolf
Verified

Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:46 am

Sublime wrote:And believe me in my line of work I encounter lots of people you would never even have a chance of being in the presence of...ever...

Let me guess...you are a caddy at some elite golf course. You scrub golf clubs for the rich and famous, right? If you are so "well to do" why do you need a discount on your stolen tattoos?

The point (besides the one on your head) is that anyone doing quality work at a fair price should not feel obligated to give every loser who drops names a discount. I don't ask for discounts on my groceries, or my clothing, and the electric company won't give me a break if I know someone who works there. NEVER has my landlord offered me a discount, and I know the same people he knows. I don't use discount supplies on my customers. I pay top dollar for top of the line products. This isn't some third world country where we enjoy haggling over prices. I know what I am worth. If you don't agree I am worth that price, don't let the door hit you on your fat ass on the way out!

If you have such a great education and job, dig into that piggy bank and be a man. You are trying to degrade tattooists who set firm prices, but it is the bargain bin discount studios who are the lowlifes. A person who claims to be as educated as you, with as much business savvy should know that. But then, I suppose you are just full of shit anyway.

And I graduated High School...and much more, ya cheap bastard.
Last edited by BadWolf on Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tattude
Hardcore

Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:02 am

Goto this convention in Aug. 12-14

Many GREAT artists...

If not go to Troy at AAA