:? does it really hurt as much as it sounds?????????????

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

big chris

Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:35 am

:? is it true that your tattoo bleeds after u get it done? Also what size needle do u use because i heard its thick and long?
conser

Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:10 am

im not a tattoo artist but i do have alot of tattoos and the subject name is "does it really hurt as much as it sounds" all i can say is yes it hurts but its nothing you cant put up with. my tattoos didnt bleed AFTER they were done really. cant help you with the needle bit though sorry...
kate1211

Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:42 pm

While everyone experiences different levels of pain, it still hurts. It is a bearable pain though (rather like being uncomfortable or sunburnt) Obviously some places on your body hurt more that others.

The needles themselves are quite small but grouped together to form different sized needles, for different styles of tattoos. Which needles used shouldn't have any effect on the pain at all (except in your head)

The best thing to do is to eat a light meal (no liquor or drugs) and try to be relaxed and comfortable. Try to breathe steady and slowly during uncomfortable spots, and your body will cope much better.

Good luck!

Kate
vanilla_aces

Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:12 pm

Great response Kate ...Thank you as well for the advice. Im also lookin at getting one done soon (my first :P) Im a mom of two( no drugs during labor..i know im insane lol) .so i can say ive been thru worse.

But needless to say im a bit nervous of how painful it will be.
Thanks again~!
:)
hanalotus
Hardcore

Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:16 pm

You'll be ok. :)

My first session was 2 hours long and to top it off it was right on my spine and I had a severe needle phobia. It's more irritating than painful. And after awhile your body produces endorphins that numb you up a bit. And technically you'll bleed a little and some lymph fluid as well, but it will stop pretty much right away.

Vanilla, you have nothing to worry about. If you can do labor with no epidural, you're pretty much made of steel. :lol:
rachaelr

Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:54 pm

yeah, don't worry about it, honestly. I'd say it's an exciting sensation... but that's just me. It is definitely pain but it's tolerable, some of it is a little hard not to flinch through, but nothing to be scared of!

The needles don't go very deep either, so that may help ease your mind. It's not as creepy as going getting a shot....in my opinion. And you'll have something amazing to show for it!

Just relax. Easier said than done I know, but it really does help if you are calm :lol:
xchick03
Hardcore

Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:02 pm

Sure it hurts, its a bunch of needles hitting your body really fast. But its not intolerable and I thought it was a great experience. And yes, they bleed while they're being done and for a bit after. At least mine did and my artist had to keep wiping blood away while he was doing it. Its worth it though and if its something you really want, like I did, the pain is nothing.
abbyful
Hardcore

Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:04 pm

I only have one tattoo (just done less than a month ago). The tattoo bleeds a little bit, but not a lot. To me, it felt similar to getting scratched by a nail.

I'm the biggest wimp ever. I hate getting a sticker in my foot, and I'm scared of needles. If I can do it, ANYONE can do it! ;)
tboyd

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:55 am

the needle only goes 1/16 of an inch into your skin, and if its not on the back or ankle youll be fine, i like the feeling
katamari

Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:21 am

I have a severe needle phobia i cant even give a blood sample but I can't wait to get my first tat
Lostvegastat
Hardcore

Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:47 am

Does it hurt as bad as they say? Yes....wait...no. If it did, not so many people would be getting them. If you have happened to come across any tattoo shows, or stopped in a tattoo shop; more than likely you didnt hear blood curdling screams. Well those are the odds anyways. I say just mentally prepare yourself that you are about to have something awesome on your body! (not downplaying anything else on your body, vanilla lol)
Sphenoid
Hardcore

Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:33 pm

It hurts worse than you even think. Like getting stabbed with a knife full of fire ants. Usually when you go in they gas you so you are either high or passed out while working on you.
n3cr0lu5t
Hardcore

Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:57 pm

Mine hurt SO bad!!!

I wanted to get my mothers name, Kathie, but had to stop after Kat. I just tell everyone I like the show Miani Ink. :D
EvilJay
Hardcore

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:46 pm

If you can picture the feeling of 100's of garden gnomes holding you over a bonfire while two large green giants tear your arms off and beat you with them, it doesnt feel like that at all...
vanilla_aces

Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:10 pm

Loveveagstat.....*cough...just whats that supposed to mean!? :P LOL Teasin ......Yeah i know a load of people that have had them done...even my lil brother. Im mentally preparing for the pain. But im still doing research and lookin into the shops/tats so itll be awhile yet before i get one. Hubby is actually sketching a few things for me to get done. Hes a great artist! He said no wife of his will get something on her body that someone else has :P. Hes got some great sketches already :)

Thanks for all the "YES ITS HORRIBLE" responses those helped LOL
Im not unrealistic bout it. But im lookin for ward to it :) Getting the first one on the small of my back...with a tribal. :D cant wait