Randy Orton back tattoo

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

zbc1998

Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:11 pm

Does anyone know who did or what flash was used on WWE's professional wrestler Randy Orton's back and where I may obtain it to take to my artist for my back? Please help

Thanks
BadWolf
Verified

Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:19 pm

Maybe Randy will let you trace HIS tattoo, so you can get it done on you. I am sure he is probabably hoping everyone steals HIS tattoo.
zbc1998

Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:33 pm

So I take it you're saying it's copyrighted then?
CxCx
Verified

Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:46 pm

Jesus christ, it's a tribal. If you like what he has, why don't you use your imagination to draw something along similar lines to the piece that he has? To be honest, I've seen a few guys in the gym recently that appear to have the same work done, though it's nowhere near the number of jock assholes that i see that have the EXACT tribal "Bro band" that Bill Goldberg has. Who needs originality when you can have someone else do the thinking for you?
d3adkl0wn

Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:17 pm

zbc1998 wrote:So I take it you're saying it's copyrighted then?

prolly not... what he means is : WHY GET SOMEONE ELSES TATTOO!!!???... tribals are really not that hard to design. so get a pen and paper and draw some curvy lines and weave some under and over the others... there ya go... i don't mean to come off as an ass, but they're pretty simple
TheTattooArtist

Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:26 pm

Why in the world would you want to have another persons tattoo? If it's already been done on someone, wouldn't you like to have the same type of thing, but not his? Would you like to know that you have the same tattoo as atleast 100 other people? Just takes a little thought to be creative and have unique tattoo. If your not the creative type, then ask you artist to help. After all, they are the ones who will be doing you art work.
zbc1998

Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:52 pm

Just wanted to get ahold of that particular flash and alter it a little it is quite a piece of work
Slinger520

Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:38 pm

There probably isn't any flash for his tattoo. He more than likely can afford to pay someone to personalize a tribal piece for him. although I am not familiar with the tattoo you are speaking of, I can pobably say that he is a big dude, right? And no piece of flash is gonna fit on his back. The tribal he wears was custom tailored to his back and muscle structure, that makes it unique- something you should try to do instead of copying other peoples tattoos. I will have to remember to wear a long sleeve shirt and pants around you so you don't run off and get my ink done.
ZenZhu

Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:01 pm

I think what the general sentiment is, however overreacitve it may be, is that tattoos are, ideally, a form of personal expression. Since it's not something that can be removed like a shirt or a watch, folks that go out and get a tattoo they saw on someone else simply because they idolize the person, or it looked cool, or something are opening themselves up to "buyer's remorse" somewhere down the road.

A tattoo that is personalized to the bearer is more likely to have more meaning to them, which will hopefully be of significance to them until the day they pass on. A tattoo, for those that get them for more personal reasons, is an expression of who they are.. a part of their identity. Copying their tattoo is kind of like identity theft.

That being said, however, there's nothing wrong with drawing inspiration from someone's designs. I've recently developed a design for mine that I'm very satisfied with. I downloaded a lot of Maori, Marquesan, and Polynesian designs and studied the motifs... learning what makes them look the way they do. I didn't copy any one particular design, but studied the commonalities between them. I learned how to work with the positive and negative spaces together by fleshing out large "chunks" of a design, then going in and working on fine details within each section, rather than working from the detailed level outward.

Ultimately, my design was based on the information I had internalized, as well as an assessment of what patterns fit my body type. When you arrive at a design that comes from within, it'll hold a lot more meaning than one that is kind of assembled from this pattern here and that pattern there. Basically, you can develop a more rewarding design.. not to mention experience.. if you learn to create images in the style, rather than "cutting and pasting" stuff from designs you see on other people. And if you don't feel your hand is all that good at producing a clean piece, paint programs usually feature a benzigon tool that's invaluable for creating an image with nice, controlled swoops that can be printed to scale and turned into flash.

Since, as stated, you're planning on getting ideas from it, but not copying it, I'd suggest you run the fellow's name through Google's image search and see what you can find. In fact, finding pictures where you get some details, but not a flash, may prove better, as they can serve as general inspiration, rather than presenting the temptation to copy.
Dragon03

Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:17 pm

Very well said. :D