TATTOOS FOR 16 YEAR OLDS WITH PARENTS PERMISSION!!!!!!!!!!!!

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

FairyDust7

Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:00 pm

Yeah I can imagine the work that would go into that. Even my little one I got covered up, I had to settle for something I probably would not have chosen if I had just decided to get a tattoo in that spot. And when you wind up having to comprimise on things the ending result might look better to show off to people but I would assume its doesn't wind up being your "dream" tattoo anyway. Its not like you can put a bottle of white out over it and start new.
Tattude
Hardcore

Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:43 pm

SharpTattoos wrote:there usually has to be a bit of compromise... sometimes it takes a lot of compromise to make the cover piece work. The new piece might be better than the old piece, but rarely can it be what it could have been if the design had been better thought out in the first place.
Exactly, but in saying this ANY tattoo can be covered up.
Some artists specialize in making turds shiny... lol
SharpTattoos
Hardcore

Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:42 pm

Not always... unless you're willing to settle for a completely black body part, which I've seen some do...
dragon guy tattoo
Hardcore

Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:43 am

Exactly, but in saying this ANY tattoo can be covered up.
Some artists specialize in making turds shiny... lol

when is the last time i covered a 7 inch tribal with a tattoo of christ.... oh yeah... never.
:wink:

alot of the time, you can fix the "turd" but the person won't hear of it.
dragon guy tattoo
Hardcore

Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:44 am

sorry... first time using the quote thing. :oops:
Tattude
Hardcore

Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:11 pm

It's cool about the quote thing...lol I was wondering?

Yea, I had an old David Bolt design with a HOT chick and skulls all over the place on my right arm/shoulder. Along with that I had a small tribal tattoo to sorta cover my upper arm. The tribal is the inside of HUGE shark now and the David Bolt design is now a mermaid. The ocean waves covered everything else up. I'll get some pics to show the cover up. It is pretty impressive.
jhotrod

Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:55 pm

Fortunately in my state the LAW says you have to be 18 so I dont have to make that decision. However I do find that in my experience I do quite a few coverups of stuff people have gotten in their teens. Not to say I dont do coverups of stuff that was done at a latter age just seems to be more that were done at 16 and 17. Somehow Yosemity Sam or Tweety Bird dont look as good on a 40 year old as it does on a 17 year old. However with the ongoing developments in Lasers and the now affordable costs and the fear of scarring being gone I guess we will be seeing a lot more tattoos on younger clients. It does suck having to turn away a client who you have been tattooing for 20 years and wants their 17 year old daughter tattooed. But the Law is the Law. Not worth losing your license or going to jail for. And Yes we had a case here where a tattooist was arrested for statutory rape for tattooing a 16 year old girl. With the mothers permission. The Father dissagreed.
Tattude
Hardcore

Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:08 pm

jhotrod wrote:And Yes we had a case here where a tattooist was arrested for statutory rape for tattooing a 16 year old girl. With the mothers permission. The Father dissagreed.
That is not right at all... :shock:
To be charged with statutory rape something else must have happened? I bet he beat this charge unless he actually had intercourse with the 16yr. old. If not he would've been charged with lewd and lascivious acts to a minor under 17.

No matter what happened, if he didn't do anything but tattoo her that SUCKS...
SharpTattoos
Hardcore

Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:57 pm

The rape charge most likely because of the placement. If the placement is too near to genitals that means the artist may have come in contact with them while he or she is working... and the victim and guardians have the option of placing this charge if this is the case... even if the artist is innocent it can be misconstrued. For most other offenses the the artist and shop may get fines and a warning or the artist could lose their certification. The SR charge can shut a place down completely, to my understanding. I believe that parents here can also be charged for giving consent.

You'll have to forgive me, I'm not savvy with the technical terms. :/
Tattude
Hardcore

Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:46 pm

Rape, no matter what kind has to have penetration. (In any place) If not it gets designated under a different charge. Most likely what I mentioned above.
BadWolf
Verified

Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:05 pm

Tattude wrote:Rape, no matter what kind has to have penetration. (In any place)
Tattooing has penetration. :lol:

Here, it can be a "corruption of a minor" charge, along with several others. The criminal aspect is the least of your worries, though. The parents can also sue you in a civil court, and you can end up with nothing for the rest of your life. However, the law allows for 'parental consent'...with no age limit.
Tattude
Hardcore

Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:50 pm

lol
Yea, I guess tattooing does have penetration. :lol:
jhotrod

Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:25 pm

From what I understand the case was eventually bargained down to a much lesser charge. The tattoo was in the pelvic area and initially they were very hot to persue the charges as it was a new area of law that needed to be tested in the courts. Fortunately the Mother was present throughout the whole procedure and the defending attorney was pressing for her arrest on similar charges as she was just as responsible. Just a bit more info , the floor person in the shop who was responsible for the filling out of the concent forms was also arrested. In the end all it amounted to was a small fine and the tattooists license was suspended for 6 months. But from what I understand the legal costs were quite high and definately not worth the money made on the tattoo.
Tattude
Hardcore

Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:37 am

That whole scenario sucks, should've never happened. Six months can seriously HURT most shops. Only way it wouldn't is if many artists work there. Hope it all works out.
Pookie

Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:24 pm

Here in Norway you can get a tattoo from the age of 15 i belive, ofc that's with the parents permission.. My old girlfriend got hers at age 15, not a problem at all....

I'm 19 now, and my first tattoo hour is comming up this saturday. I've wanted a tattoo for ages, but i decided to wait untill i was sure.

But for those younglings who get tattooed at age 15/16/17 can only get them at sertain places and sertain sizes i would belive. Not sure about this.