TATTOOS FOR 16 YEAR OLDS WITH PARENTS PERMISSION!!!!!!!!!!!!

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

OAKPOTSMOKE
Hardcore

Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:04 am

its fuckin impossiblr tyo get a tattoo at 16 in long island ny. unless u have a fake i.d. or a buddy do it. i live here nd i went tru the same shit...who wants ta bt the original poster got sum script tattooed on there arm...scratched rather.
cv4

Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:59 am

OAKPOTSMOKE wrote:its fuckin impossiblr tyo get a tattoo at 16 in long island ny. unless u have a fake i.d. or a buddy do it. i live here nd i went tru the same shit...who wants ta bt the original poster got sum script tattooed on there arm...scratched rather.
Reading that made my fucking brain hurt.
texasdandoy
Hardcore

Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:26 pm

First off letting a 16 year old work at a shop is dumb to me. You should be more concerned about school not answering phones and making stencils regardless if your planning on being and artist when you get older. Second a majority of people regret the way the tattoo was done, quality of work, not the meaning of it so please dont try to play the poor me game and my lifes been so tough these long long 16 years. The problem is you little bastards have a heard time listening. How do most of us know these things? Cause we've been there before. "A fool learns from his own mistakes and a wise man learns from everyone elses" Try to listen to it not just hear it. Good luck kid at the shop. Hope it works for ya.
Angertank
Hardcore

Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:11 pm

What texasdandoy said. x2.
sethm522

Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:13 pm

----
Last edited by sethm522 on Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
texasdandoy
Hardcore

Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:13 pm

Well first off your tiger sleeve is the shit man. Love the work and the style rocks. Second what the hell is an old fella now? I wonder cause im curious if i fall into that category haha. Anyway I do aggree with you on setting standards for tattoos you get but all standards dont apply to everyone. Every tattoo should just have a meaning behind it. Even if your meaning has something to do with a tribal piece rapping around your arm if it means something significant to the person whos getting it you should not care what other people think. I just had a guy down at the shop two days ago who got a papa smurph in welding gear and a marine tattoo on his arm. Now to some seeing it, it may look stupid but to the one getting it was for his father who knew the writer of the smurphs he was also a welder and in the marines. Everyone has meaning to there madness. My rules with tattoos are as follows: No names of people the can leave you in the past and Nothing that can get your ass killed if around the wrong people or place. Other than that go crazy as long as you remember this piece will be with you for life. Theres my two cense.
sjk6431

Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:12 am

As long as everyone is throwing in their 2 cents, I guess I will too. I guess I would be another "young voice," I'm 20 and have 4 tattoos. I'm in the middle of getting my first huge piece (pictures to come soon). I'll just mention a few things I think "youngsters," should keep in mind.

1) Stop, think, and wait. When I was 16 I was going to get a big picture of St. Michael casting Satan out of heaven. Pretty badass portrait, but I haven't been to church in 2 years. I know a lot of people with religious tat's who are not religious anymore, so think about that. I know, the tat is a reminder of your past, blah blah blah, but I would feel like a blasphmous jackass if I had a huge portrait of St. Micheal on me. Things that are important to you now, even stuff you are sure will always be a part of your life, could easily fade.

2) Once you know what you want, wait some more. Unless you are highly ingrained in tattoo culture, you probably do not know who a good tattoo artist is. For my first tattoo, I just went to the first clean parlor I found. The tattoo isn't bad, but I had no idea what I was getting into. If you have a very solid idea, and you are willing to take a chance that you might regret it, you should still slow down and take the time to research a good artist.

I got my first tat when I was 18, but one of my high-school coaches had a pirate chugging booze and flipping the world off tattooed on his ankle, which he got when he was 14. Everyday he wears socks that go halfway up his shins, so that nobody can see his tattoo. If you decide to get a tattoo that young, at the very least put it someplace that can be covered up easily.

I realize this thread is 3 yrs old, and the OP is probably covered in tattoos he regrets, but I thought I would post this for any 16 yr olds browsing the forum. I'm 20, and I can say that I would regret it if I had got the tattoo I wanted when I was 16. Slow down, and sit on that brilliant idea for a few years, even if it is something important to you like a tribute piece. One of two things will happen, 1) you will lose interest, forget about it, and be glad you didn't get it, or 2) you will have 2 years (or until you turn 18.) to refine your idea, research your artist and save money for a good tattoo. I know how bad you want this thing, but only good things can happen if you wait, while fools rush in.
scape
Hardcore

Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:45 am

i saw a 15 year old last night with a motley crue tattoo of the Theatre of Pain album, just the masks

and it was incredibly well done.

he took a tattoo fopa (getting a band tattoo) and made it work because the masks are such a timeless piece... and it was very well done.

A good piece of work is a good piece of work regardless of age.
PeteFilth
Hardcore

Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:10 am

sethm522 wrote:Hey guys, just wanted to put in my 2 cents, but hey.. take it with a grain of salt, I'm still 19. I have 3 fairly large tattoos... my first was done when i was 17, and my most recent is still in progress (check out the pics in my tiger half sleeve thread)) I agree with you older fellas completely that we kids have no idea where we will be, or how we will feel in x years.. so I don't want to argue anything against that. Thats just a risk kids need to consider, SERIOUSLY CONSIDER, before getting any work done.

Most kids are not ready for tattoos. Most kids get them just to get them, but I think that there are a few young guys (and i don't mean guys in the literal sense.. in fact young girls may be more prepared for the experience then the guys) out there that are mature enough to start young. Unfortunately, the tender young specimens that tend to pop up for a post or two on this website.. well... they deserve to be shunned.

Some criteria for a good young candidate (in my opinion)
Be enthusiastic about TATTOOS.. not the schweet tattoo idea they came up with... but tattoos in general.
Appreciate the ART FORM.. not just the ink on the skin
related to the above... i think an artistic or at least creative young person will turn out with better tattoos. but i'm not stressing that so much
RESEARCHHHHH - THE MOST IMPORTANT PART.. and i think that coming here is a good first step. The older guys (not all, but the consistent posters) here know what the fuck they are talking about.
-understand why tattoos work on certain body parts, and understand that many images will look shitty on your body because your body is not a flat canvas.
-understand why certain tattoos are "good"
-understand why certain tattoos are "timeless" (extremely important if you get ink at a young age.. you will be seeing it for a LONGGG time -- think another 70 years).... can you look at the mona lisa every day for 70 years? - see traditional american, traditional eastern (japanese)
-understand why certain artists are good, and put the work in to find the best one.
-Forget about money.. no such thing as a budget tattoo... if you are on a budget, say fuck it (hey, sounds like a good slogan)
***Cheap tattoos are no good, and good tattoos are not cheap
I feel like i forgot some things between brain and keyboard, but if i remember ill add them

Hopefully this stuff is true, let me know if you think I am wrong.. but like I said I still speak from a young voice.. but I feel like I have a fairly mature taste in tattoos.

a few last words

no last names.. no tribal... no girlfriend name.. no boyfriend name.. Might as well get directions home from school tattooed on your forearm so you never forget how to get there.
I Don't think i could agree much more. Research is the key. it's there forever. This guy know his shit. Even though he's young. So people who get inked at a young age aren't all DUMBASSES.
cv4

Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:03 pm

scape wrote:i saw a 15 year old last night with a motley crue tattoo of the Theatre of Pain album, just the masks

he took a tattoo fopa (getting a band tattoo) and made it work because the masks are such a timeless piece... and it was very well done.

If it was just the masks, it might not have anything to do with the Crue. Those masks are fairly common/well-known.
threesixafix
Hardcore

Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:36 pm

sethm522 wrote:I am a dork

What the fuck you writing? a college term paper?
scape
Hardcore

Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:51 pm

cv4 wrote:
scape wrote:i saw a 15 year old last night with a motley crue tattoo of the Theatre of Pain album, just the masks

If it was just the masks, it might not have anything to do with the Crue. Those masks are fairly common/well-known.
considering i'm a huge motley crue fan and was at a motley crue concert last night where i saw the tattoo while he was showing it off in the pit area... i'm 100% sure it was from the album. Besides... how else would i know he was exactly 15 if i hadn't had contact regarding the tattoo ;)
reefdiver
Hardcore

Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:50 pm

threesixafix wrote:
sethm522 wrote:I am a dork

What the fuck you writing? a college term paper?
LOL.........i got bored and left after the first sentence....
cv4

Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:55 pm

Well then, I feel that is an assumption you can make then. lol.
reefdiver
Hardcore

Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:11 pm

what?....you didn't have a cellphone to snap a pic so we all could see????