Intenze ink?

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

greaserdevil

Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:35 am

Has anyone used mario barths intenze inks?

i was thinking bout purchesing some of them,but dont know anyone whos actually used them.they sure look nice,just wondering if they hold up,look as good in skin as they do in the bottle,are they easy to work with ect....
kuleighpaulsmith

Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:07 pm

It's the best in my opinion. It's what I use.
greaserdevil

Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:13 pm

awsum,i think im gonna go ahead and order some ink from him.theres a realy cool 19 color set,he calls "the basic's" on sale on his site.
CxCx
Verified

Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:10 pm

10 years ago they were considered the best out there. at the time, my mentor bought pigments from him. At the time, he only sold full packs of 4 oz. bottles for a hefty price of over 500 bucks. Anyways, to put it into perspective, we still (ten years later, mind you) have them in a box in the back. That speaks loud enough for me.
BadWolf
Verified

Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:00 pm

First off, it isn't a closed forum to discuss brands.

Second, smell the stuff. You still wanna use it, good luck!

Third, get a mentor who can show you how to mix pigment properly so you know it isn't airbrush paint (hint hint).
greaserdevil

Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:02 pm

thanx for the info...
kuleighpaulsmith

Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:27 pm

Well, Badwolf and I have had our differences in opinion. But to insinuate that Intenze is airbrush paint is kinda rediculous. I would definately take that with a grain of salt... remember your getting advice from someone who uses an alias online with no link to his work. I have a couple of tattooist/shop owner friends here in town that also use Intenze and like it as much as I do. Feel free to check out all of our work and decide for yourself. My link is at the bottom of my post. Also please check the work of Mike Terrell (owner of Gully Cat Tattoo)@ gullycattattoo.com, also see the work by Pete Gilcrease (Owner of Steadfast Tattoo)@ steadfasttattoo.com

The proof is in the work. I have a ful sleeve colored with it and have had absolutely no troubles...

...however,I think I might react to airbrush paint. :?
greaserdevil

Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:09 pm

ok i did go see your work and if you indeed used mario's ink for your work,im sold!!! you do realy good work,im impressed!!!
BadWolf
Verified

Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:34 am

I didn't say it was airbrush paint. I invited him to compare it. So try that. One of the things I did throughout my life is airbrush. I invite anyone to go and pick up some airbrush paint and then compare it to all the major pigments on the market. You will find there is no doubt some of it is airbrush paint...and I won't say whos. The same results can be achieved by mixing your own, and you will know what is in it. It is all in knowing a proper recipe for mixing pigment, combined with the knowledge of how to put it in, properly. I have seen many brands heal and stay over time, and the best I have ever seen was powder mixed by the artist, if he knew what he was doing. I won't get into names on an open forum, but I could point people in the direction of pigment mixed by knowledgable people from powder and a few other safe ingredients that have outlasted any pigment on the market.

So, tell me....what is in Intenze ink?

I would like to know the entire list of ingredients.

The people I buy from aren't afraid to tell me.

Do you care what is in it?

Is the fact it looks pretty right now all you are concerned with, or can you tell me the ingredients?

Patiently waiting.

Besides, you mentioned (with my total agreement) that suppliers shouldn't have links here. Do you really think it wise to advertise for an ink company that sold out to distributers who sell to anyone? If you use it, cool. Someone's apprentice, and the lurking scratchers here didn't need that info. The apprentices can get it from their mentors and exchange info in password protected forums.
kuleighpaulsmith

Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:16 pm

Ok, well, first of all you are asking me a question you allready know the answer to. Of course I can't tell you exactly whats in them because ink production is not regulated and ingredients are not required to be listed on each bottle. Although I would argue that, even if you know what is in your pigments you may not have a comprehensive knowledge of how those pigments will affect your clients...unless your'e also a chemist and dermatologist?

All you can say is that they haven't hurt anyone SO FAR. They still contain metals and other ingredients that CAN cause reaction with certain people.

Second of all, me only being worried about how these inks look NOW is a big assumption for you to make about my tattoo motives. I just want to put on the best tattoo I can in the cleanest environment that I can.

These inks have been used for many years by a tattooist that is at the forefront of this industry and has a sterling reputation. Not only has Mario used these inks for 10 plus years, but they have been tested by CTL Labor Biefeld,Germany(according to German Legislation) for the presence of amines (for those who don't know, amines are nitrogen containg compounds. ex: putresine wich is an amine emitted by rotting fish). What kind of testing have your pigments gone through?

"I" believe these inks to be the most widely tested and consistent inks available to artists today.

And though you may also have a problem with conventions, I have seen for myself how many of the industry's most talented artists use this ink.

And before I wrap it up, I would like to point out that although Badwolf and I will not see eye to eye on this, I do believe him to be a real and very knowlegable tattooist and has some very good info.

However,your endorsement of your homemade ink is still an endorsement none the less. I did not supply anyone with a vendor to use, simply my personal opinion of a brand. If someone chooses to buy it, they can find their own supplier.

Ok, I'm done with this subject. :roll:
greaserdevil

Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:10 pm

all i can say is "wow"

um ahhh yeah,i never expected to see my post blow up into some over blown heated discusion! never in a million years thought someones painties were gonna get all bunched up,cuz i worded something a cetain way or asked the wrong question.geee wiz fellas i shoulda read the fine print befor i posted huh?
kuleighpaulsmith

Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:49 am

yeah, it's kinda sad. evrything on here is like a fight. I might just start posting elsewhere.

I think that's also why there aren't many names here you recognize from the industry. In fact, you almost can't start a thred without ruffling someone's feathers. I'm starting to get the feeling that the only thing you can ask about is, if anyone can tell you where to find that "cool tribal armband I saw one time in a shop somewhere." And if that's the case, what's the point?
BadWolf
Verified

Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:22 pm

The point is, there is a password protected part of the forum. If you get a password, you can discuss tech info there. If you are an apprentice, your mentor should be able to answer questions about tech info.

That ink company sold out to a bunch of lowlifes who sell to the general public. And just a few days ago, it was kuleighpaulsmith who pointed out that links to these companies should be eliminated. Why then would we have open discussions about the brands these assholes sell in an open forum? If the maker of that pigment would sell out to companies who sell to the general public, isn't that just about everything you need to know about the product and the manufacturer? It is to me.
everytattoo
Site Admin

Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:12 pm

Both Badwolf & kuleighpaulsmith bring up good points, we are in the process of redesigning the entire site and opening up a closed part of the site for tattoo professionals (to discuss brands & professional subject matter). Just bare with us over the next couple weeks as we make the change.

-MaTT

I'm locking this topic for the time being if you have any suggestions / criticisms of the site put them up here http://everytattoo.com/tattooforum/view ... 4ad6dc1b6d