ear piercing

Questions related to piercings

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid, jamison

extremeblaster01

Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:51 am

so imma pierce my ears and start to gauge them over time, imma pierce them at a 10..the problem is, I don't like hoops and don't want them, is there something else that can be used as a first jewelery thing, right when its pierced?
sidelvar
Hardcore

Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:29 pm

one your piercer may or may not pierce at a ten. 12 is totaly possible but I know mine won't pierce larger than that. I know other piercers have zero issues piercing the initial at a 10.

Yes there is many different types of jewelery. Most common for smaller gauge piercings are going to be Captive Ball Rings (CBR) which are the circles holding the single ball. There are horseshoe style that just have a ball on each end then there are the straight barbells. For your Initial piercing I would say get pierced with the barbell then change to a horseshoe or CBR after being FULLY healed.

The reason why I say change is to add a little bit of weight and assist in the stretching process. Don't jump sizes and go slow. Treat each stretch like a brand new piercing. I just went to 12's in my ears but I'm passive stretching and not having them tapered at all. I hope in two or three months I can go to a 10.
choo
Hardcore

Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:13 am

I had mine pierced at 8gauge and immediately stretched to 6, make sure u get a GOOD piercer for the initial process as a poorly placed piercing will definately affect u down the line.

if your planning to go big have u thought about having your ears scalpled though? could be another option for you.

oh yeah, and theres no reason you cant put a small plug/tunnel in there, my initial jewlery was a pair of 6g industrial strength single flare tunnels.
sidelvar
Hardcore

Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:10 pm

didn't even think about tunnels.

on a side note
hows it been choo?
extremeblaster01

Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:31 pm

does a 8g hurt a super lot?? Cause i was gonna do 10's which you can't put tunnels in there at 10's right, only 8's..

and you had yours stretched right after the piercing, you can do that safely??

My piercer is very good and knows her shit so its all good there..

and whats scalping.
choo
Hardcore

Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:25 pm

sidelvar wrote:didn't even think about tunnels.

on a side note
hows it been choo?
im good, and you? just had alot on lately adn this place seems dead every time i come back :S

extremeblaster01 wrote:does a 8g hurt a super lot?? Cause i was gonna do 10's which you can't put tunnels in there at 10's right, only 8's..

and whats scalping.
8g doesn't hurt much at all, iv only had a few piercings but my ears were the least painful i'v had; its more a pressure than a sharp pain. and yes u can put tunnels in at 10, the jewlery isn't as common though so its harder to find, iv seen 12g tunnels before :).

as for the stretch immediately yes its safe, and its not very painful, just more of a pressure feeling than anything; stretching a fresh piercing lowers the amount of blood that will leak out also.

scalpling is where your ears is cut (with a scalple) and has jewlery put in, so basicaly instead of using a needle they cut your lobe then stick some jewlery in there; iv had a few friends have their lobes done and they all have had positive results (its also good for when people have thin lobes but want to continue stretching)

goodluck to you!
extremeblaster01

Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:06 am

choo wrote:
sidelvar wrote:didn't even think about tunnels.

on a side note
hows it been choo?
im good, and you? just had alot on lately adn this place seems dead every time i come back :S

extremeblaster01 wrote:does a 8g hurt a super lot?? Cause i was gonna do 10's which you can't put tunnels in there at 10's right, only 8's..

and whats scalping.
8g doesn't hurt much at all, iv only had a few piercings but my ears were the least painful i'v had; its more a pressure than a sharp pain. and yes u can put tunnels in at 10, the jewlery isn't as common though so its harder to find, iv seen 12g tunnels before :).

as for the stretch immediately yes its safe, and its not very painful, just more of a pressure feeling than anything; stretching a fresh piercing lowers the amount of blood that will leak out also.

scalpling is where your ears is cut (with a scalple) and has jewlery put in, so basicaly instead of using a needle they cut your lobe then stick some jewlery in there; iv had a few friends have their lobes done and they all have had positive results (its also good for when people have thin lobes but want to continue stretching)

goodluck to you!
yeah, idk, i have alot of tattoos and the piercing, this is new to me, so i'm kinda worried about the piercing lol..I wanted to go lower cause i don't like the idea of having hoops or anything, i wanted tunnels or just plugs..I'll be at the pamona tattoo convention this weekend, so maybe i can find some tunnels for a 10g, or maybe we'll just do them at a 8, i wanna get to 5/8ths so yeah.
BadTaste
Verified

Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:51 am

You can safely do up to 6mm (apprx 2g) initial piercing in the lobes. It does hurt, but not for too long, and it take a little longer to heal generally, 8 weeks or so is normal. but from there its much easier to stretch and scalpel bigger. I personally stretched to 12mm, then cut to 16, then they naturally loosened as they healed, now they're at 21 (I think thats about 7/8's we don't really use gauges here)

It really depends how long you want to spend stretching and how much give your lobes have. mine have been nearly 3 years all up and I don't think they would have gone past 12mm without cutting due to scar tissue. good luck with what ever you decide on :)