Lip Pierced!

Questions related to piercings

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid, jamison

Cynosure

Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:27 pm

Ouch, that would suck!

Yea, I've been like pushing the front towards the back so the back pops out a little bit.. but as soon as i let go it goes back and the skin is over it again =/ I'm hoping its just doing that because its a bit swollen.

Is there an online site that any of you might use to buy body jewelery? The only physical store we have is spencers..and they suck =( I've found quite a few, but I'd rather use one that someone has used before and doesn't rip people off.

aw!! haha
<3 thanks!
I like it better when it's combed though!

Here's another picture just cuz I love the new piercing!

_Boo_
Hardcore

Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:49 pm

A lot could be due to the swelling. Mine didn't swell much at all, just bled a little (but my piercer said it might be due to the fact that it was a bigger gauge..)

I personally shop local studios, but when I have ordered I got stuff off of BMEShop.com

Thank goodness your smart enough to knock Spencer's. I know people who've worked there and said that a lot of times the jewelry comes in and it's fallen out of the package and shit gets mixed up and handled and dropped on the floor and it's not good quality as it is.. *Shivers* YUCK.

I love my labret piercing to pieces (if you couldn't tell)

I definitely think a ring would look good, by the way.

I'm withholding my comments on your hair as I'm pretty sure it's illegal :twisted:
Cynosure

Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:17 pm

=D

How much did it bleed? What gauge did you start out with?

And I totally couldn't tell, hah ;) <3

I'm looking for a smaller ring.. Like I've seen some people have rings that hang way over the lip and i dont like that. I want something that is like snug against my lip. I also don't want a ball on the end of it =/ But I'm not having much luck finding one. They do exist, right? =P
_Boo_
Hardcore

Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:21 pm

I started at 12g. It bled maybe a tablespoon tops.

They do have rings like that, a solid ring, usually twist into place or spring loaded (for what I've seen) but they're most often sold as nose rings. I have several regular ball closure rings that fit snug enough that if I roll the ball into the inside of my lip it stays there.. and then I have something to play with..

That sounds wrong.

long hair = fun to play with too *whistles innocently*
s_barrett1228

Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:50 pm

_Boo_ wrote: Also, to S Barrett, it's a bad idea to get it pierced with a ring, I've heard some people will do it though. I pray you didn't do it yourself though. Self piercing = bad. Always.

:twisted:
No I didnt do it myself. I had it done at a local shop. I asked if it was okay to do it with a ring and he said that the way my mouth is, (size, shape, thickness of lips, etc...) it was fine. Its a little swolen, but Im sure thats to be expected. Thank you for your concern though.
Cynosure

Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:57 am

Grrr!!

Got my job back at Starbucks =/ So I had to order one of those clear retainers. But apparently I'm not allowed to wear the retainer until the piercing is healed.

Is this 2 week period, when I'm allowed to change out my ring, the same as the healing period? Or am I going to have to wait like a few months? =(
Delightedly
Hardcore

Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:17 am

I'm putting in my vote, here, for the messy hair.
Cynosure

Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:44 am

Wow!!

I guess I'll have to stop brushing my hair, haha.
Delightedly
Hardcore

Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:43 pm

Cynosure wrote:Wow!!

I guess I'll have to stop brushing my hair, haha.
A wise decision. Very wise.
courtneylynn1708

Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:34 pm

BradM wrote:So when are you guys going on tour again? I always thought umm bop was an underrated song.

funny you should mention that
they are actuly on tour now
haha
they are playing in my town on the 20th
EvilJay
Hardcore

Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:01 am

How many hours do you spend when you come here like once a month to get back to a thread this old. This must be like 300 threads deep by now....
yorvo
Hardcore

Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:33 am

EvilJay wrote:This must be like 300 threads deep by now....
I have a 300 thread count on my sheets. Real quality bedding.
Cynosure

Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:56 am

It wasn't THAT far down =P

But, you guys should definitely check out my new thread about the ring causing problems =(
I still can't figure out why it's messing with my lip.