Changing my bar so soon?

Questions related to piercings

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid, jamison

xEyeCanDiex

Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:58 am

I recently got my navel done (inverse) about 4 days ago, and as I was leaving, the piercer told me to come back in 2 weeks so he could change my bar to a shorter one. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a piercer or anything, but does that seem a little soon? All the research I've gathered on the internet says to wait about 6 months to 1 year before changing the ring, but when I asked my piercer he told me I only had to wait 3 weeks before I could change it myself. Just a little unsure about this...
choo
Hardcore

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:09 pm

6 > 12 months is bullshit, I usualy wait (depending on the piercing) between 4 and 10 weeks before doing a change.

2 weeks does seem a bit early, it would still be in healing stages and if he downsizes the bar and it flares up you could be in trouble.

just wait and see how it goes, probably wait ~3 weeks and if its tip top go and downsize.

best of luck.
Cynosure

Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:23 pm

I'm not sure about navel piercings.. but I just recently got my lip done.

The piercer told me that I could change it out in 2 weeks. He said it'd take a full two months to heal, but after 2 weeks I should be able to change it without any problems.