tattooist referal in los angeles area

Recommend Artists/Studios, ask for help finding the perfect artist for your tattoo.

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid

azangri

Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:08 pm

hi all,

i am planning on getting a coat of arms tat on my left arm, in black and grey ink. i drew an idea of what i want, that is in 'my tattoos'. i am looking for a realistic style tat, with great shading.

i had a consultation with carlos torres of socal tattoo on this idea. the consultation went well, but i have to wait until next august for the actual tat appointment.

i am now considering another consultation by somebody else, as i don't know if i want to wait til next august. i have looked at many artists' online portfolios, a couple look decent, but i want my tat to be kick ass.

do you guys know of any tattooists in the los angeles area that might be a good fit for this tat.

thanks for your help in advance.
Aivanne
Hardcore

Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:10 pm

Quecke @ vintage tattoo. He did my chest piece and he is never booked more than a few days in advance.

http://inkednation.com/r/r.cfm?t=9&DisplayUser_ID=26980

he is also very reasonably priced.
dragon guy tattoo
Hardcore

Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:27 am

For GOD SAKES do NOT go to LA ink
beuneek
Hardcore

Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:39 pm

dragon guy tattoo wrote:For GOD SAKES do NOT go to LA ink
Why, I thought they were really good. Doesn't Kat von D run the place?
Rider68
Hardcore

Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:44 pm

beuneek wrote:
dragon guy tattoo wrote:For GOD SAKES do NOT go to LA ink
Why, I thought they were really good. Doesn't Kat von D run the place?
She invented tattooing, didn't she?

In regards to the OP, search the threads here, I know this has come up before.
beuneek
Hardcore

Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:04 pm

I know it's not LA but it's Socal. Check out Avalon Tattoo. Fip Buchanan's a pretty sweet artist.
hgiles
Hardcore

Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:35 pm

LA is kinda like NYC where tattoo artists are concerned. You'd have to be really unlucky to find a bad artist there...
Unia
Hardcore

Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:35 pm

hgiles wrote:LA is kinda like NYC where tattoo artists are concerned. You'd have to be really unlucky to find a bad artist there...
Oh that is sooo not true. The worst tattoos I have all came from NYC, when I was 18 and had no idea that it was bad to walk into a shop with a picture in hand and expect to walk out with ink a few hours later.
hgiles
Hardcore

Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:46 am

Unia wrote:
hgiles wrote:LA is kinda like NYC where tattoo artists are concerned. You'd have to be really unlucky to find a bad artist there...
Oh that is sooo not true. The worst tattoos I have all came from NYC, when I was 18 and had no idea that it was bad to walk into a shop with a picture in hand and expect to walk out with ink a few hours later.
...Then you were both unlucky and negligent. As many great artists as there are in NYC and LA there really is no good excuse to get bad work in either area. Period. If you're in Kansas somewhere you might have a good excuse.
Aivanne
Hardcore

Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:13 pm

Unia wrote:
I agree. Go see the shops on Hollywood or Sunset. you definitely don't wanna get work from ANY of them.