So. I'm pretty sure I have an infection.

Questions related to piercings

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid, jamison

Motokid
Hardcore

Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:43 pm

choo wrote:just a note... more salt doesnt mean better healing

1/4 teaspoon of seasalt to 1cup boiling water is best (obviously wait for the water to cool)

the reason it works so well is because its close to the bodys natural PH (ie: sweat / tears).
This is a reasonable debate angle for the evolution of man, and all land animals, from the sea.

Tears, and the very fluid we float in while developing in the womb are roughly the same salinity as sea water.

And since we all know that any scratch heals really fast when soaked in sea water, there's no reason to not think using a salt water solution to heal anything would be a bad idea.

When I had my wisdom teeth removed I had to rinse the sockets out with salt water.

It's all evolution man..... :shock:
sarah_beara_rose

Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:31 pm

foxonstilts wrote:I've been poking around this here interweb and most people say to use sea salt soaks on infected piercings....?

Has anyone tried this or know if it's reliable?

ive done salt soaks with all of my piercings and they help them heal faster in the beginning and help infections heal quicker along with regular washing
sidelvar
Hardcore

Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:25 pm

Sarah- I just want you to know that you make my head hurt... BAD.
foxonstilts
Hardcore

Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:28 am

Ahahah. Wow. That advice is a bit belated. Maybe you should try reading the thread next time, seeing as how sea salt was mentioned about half a dozen times and I mentioned USING it and how well it worked.

=(

Nevermind. You can't reason with necromancers.