Black Tattoo after healing effects

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

shady08aftermath
Hardcore

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:31 am

Currently I have a tattoo on my calf and arm. I go to a pro tattooist in chicago thats been tattooing for 15 years, and ive seen work he's done on my buds. (awesome!) After i got my arm cross tat it looked sweet, solid black. then a week later after the healing process you could see skin spots where it looked faded out all over the tattoo cross and it appears greay not black. I had the tattoo done a 2nd time and it got much better so its black the majority, but still there are some spots where the lines seem dashed cause the ink doesn't hold everywhere always to make solid lines once over and theres still some light grey areas. Ive got a chinese symbol on my calf and the same thing, needs another go over, and my buddies care for it the same way and they dont need this done? and i dont scab when it heals, dont soak in water, i leave the bandage on 1 hour, wash with warm soapy water when i remove bandage, rub only using hand lightly ect. I use A and D ointment for the first 4-5 days apply only when dry thin coats not glossy 4-5 times a day. after a day or 2 it peels for day or to lightly like snake skin. then go to lubriderm for the remainder. is it something im doing? does my skin require a dif. product or process??? please HELP!!!!
sadie703
Hardcore

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:46 am

4 to 5 days with a and d? yuck.. i would only use it for the first few days.. i personally cant stand the consistency of it

how many times a day do you put on lotion?
shady08aftermath
Hardcore

Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:05 am

I use lotion 4-5 times a day as well, after the first 4-5 initial days of A and D and even if you didn't like the consistancy, could this really result to fading, ink holding issues ect.?
iamcaseychaos
Hardcore

Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:18 am

...this, my friend, is why I stopped telling people to use A & D.

I don't know what the hell it is, man...it just pulls ink out like crazy. I'm thinking it locks in too much moisture. It's too thick, in other words.

I don't care that the health department says you have to recommend it (in texas, anyway...) It sucks. End of story.

If you want to use something topical other than lubriderm for the first 2 or 3 days, use bacitracin. It's WAY better, and I've only seen 1 person in the history of me being in a shop allergic to it.
beuneek
Hardcore

Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:41 am

sadie703 wrote:4 to 5 days with a and d? yuck.. i would only use it for the first few days..
I don't use a&d at all. I wait till I get home, take a quick shower (my tat is on my back.) Then I use lotion 2-3 times a day for about 2-3 weeks. Then I lotion everyday after I shower. :D
YakuzaIrezumi

Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:05 pm

There is your problem!!! The A&D causes color loss! I just did an experiment on myself with A&D to prove this.My outline for my dragon took two sessions,so the first portion of the outline i healed with A&D,the second weeks work i healed all naturally.The A&D part of the outline is that faded black color after ONE WEEK,and the second part of the out line is DARK BLACK still! Bottom line,A&D ointment causes color loss!
Aivanne
Hardcore

Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:18 pm

we should make it sticky....

A&D sucks ASS !
actualfact
Hardcore

Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:23 pm

a&d has been used with fine results for many years. but it's not for everyone. you can search/read for more pure alternatives. 4-5 days of any ointment is likely too long.

but it doesn't sound like your issue is related to a&d. if it was the ointment, i'd expect the problem to be more thorough; not a handful of tiny dashes. i have a few of the ink less dashes you speak of and believe they're from cracking in areas that contort a lot. it's not from ointment though -- i didn't use any on that tattoo.

also, a week later is not "after the healing process". you should wait 4-6 weeks before evaluating how it's healed.
iamcaseychaos
Hardcore

Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:29 pm

Aivanne wrote:we should make it sticky....

A&D sucks ASS !

Agreed.
EvilJay
Hardcore

Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:18 pm

I'm guessing your results stem from getting tattood in someones kitchen. What "pro tattooist in chicago" tattoos 16 year olds???
shady08aftermath
Hardcore

Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:32 pm

then what doesn't prevent color loss of the black ink bacticerin? also i heard something call bitadane? er somethin like that? what do you guys use? how many times a day?
iamcaseychaos
Hardcore

Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:36 pm

EvilJay wrote:I'm guessing your results stem from getting tattood in someones kitchen. What "pro tattooist in chicago" tattoos 16 year olds???
Wait, What?

THERE'S YOUR PROBLEM!
shady08aftermath
Hardcore

Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:55 pm

ima buy bacitracin this time. how many times do i apply a day fer how many days er at what point in the process do i stop? an what do you guys think about people who use curel lotion the whole process, er dry healing?
iamcaseychaos
Hardcore

Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:09 pm

shady08aftermath wrote:ima buy bacitracin this time. how many times do i apply a day fer how many days er at what point in the process do i stop? an what do you guys think about people who use curel lotion the whole process, er dry healing?
Dude, first, I can't understand anything you're typing.
Two, If you've already had the tattoo for a week now, you don't need to put the bacitracin on it anymore.
Three, You need to talk to your "tattoo artist". They should be able to tell you how to properly take care of your tattoo, minus the A & D.

Go ahead, dry heal it. You seem insistent on trying this.
shady08aftermath
Hardcore

Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:23 pm

nahh i meant on my next tat im getting this weekend ima try the bacticerin