Pain of stomach tattoo?

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

payo809

Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:14 pm

Can anyone tell me how much more pain there is in getting something like an arm tattoo than one across the stomach? I was going to have the artist run through without ink first?
payo809

Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:16 pm

I'm sure there might be a forum on something like this, but I couldn't find it, so if you know of one, I'd appreciate a link!
imnotatfault
Hardcore

Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:26 pm

The stomach is going to hurt significantly worse. Fair warning.
payo809

Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:29 pm

Thanks for the response, I thought that all fatty areas were much less painful? What's the deal here nerves?
Aivanne
Hardcore

Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:16 pm

payo809 wrote:Thanks for the response, I thought that all fatty areas were much less painful? What's the deal here nerves?
i don't know what's the deal, but it sucks. vibrations of the machine made me wanna puke.
homie

Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:33 pm

Only a little bit of my tattoo is on my stomach but it hurt like a bitch... I think it's just your bodys natural way of protecting itself. You have a lot of unprotected important organs in there!!
Jadesauce

Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:52 pm

payo809 wrote:Can anyone tell me how much more pain there is in getting something like an arm tattoo than one across the stomach? I was going to have the artist run through without ink first?
Do I understand this correctly? You are going to have the artist take his machine and his little sharp needle...you're going to get all nervous and pumped...then you're going to have him stick you painfully and repeatedly with NOTHING to show for it except a built in stencil? I would advise against that...just my opinion.
Rider68
Hardcore

Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:59 pm

Jadesauce wrote:
payo809 wrote:Can anyone tell me how much more pain there is in getting something like an arm tattoo than one across the stomach? I was going to have the artist run through without ink first?
Do I understand this correctly? You are going to have the artist take his machine and his little sharp needle...you're going to get all nervous and pumped...then you're going to have him stick you painfully and repeatedly with NOTHING to show for it except a built in stencil? I would advise against that...just my opinion.
Penn Jillette (of Penn & Teller) actually had that done, just to see what the pain was like without getting an actual tattoo. He had it done on his inner forearm, but was repeatedly told the pain of the dry needle was far worse than if there was ink. If I remember the article correctly, it was because the ink also lubricated the needle a bit.
Aivanne
Hardcore

Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:07 pm

Rider68 wrote:
Jadesauce wrote:
Penn Jillette (of Penn & Teller) actually had that done, just to see what the pain was like without getting an actual tattoo. He had it done on his inner forearm, but was repeatedly told the pain of the dry needle was far worse than if there was ink. If I remember the article correctly, it was because the ink also lubricated the needle a bit.
that's why you use distilled water when you bloodline. never run a machine dry.
therookie
Hardcore

Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:12 pm

Aivanne wrote:
Rider68 wrote:
Jadesauce wrote:
I think I've heard of people doing it that way as a form of scarification...?
Aivanne
Hardcore

Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:30 pm

therookie wrote:
Aivanne wrote:
Rider68 wrote:
Jadesauce wrote:
I think I've heard of people doing it that way as a form of scarification...?
ewwww.
reefdiver
Hardcore

Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:32 pm

fuck that.........if i'm getting pricked, there better be something to show for it....

i remember signing something that siad
'if after it starts and i call it quits, i'm stuck with whatever is there .........LOL
Aivanne
Hardcore

Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:37 pm

reefdiver wrote:fuck that.........if i'm getting pricked, there better be something to show for it....

i remember signing something that siad
'if after it starts and i call it quits, i'm stuck with whatever is there .........LOL
fuckin right !!!!

this chick came in to get a throat piece. first tattoo. didn't complain once.
hgiles
Hardcore

Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:13 am

Dude, don't worry about the pain. Get a tattoo if you want one.

My last session I thought I was going to shit on myself, piss on myself, vomit on myself and pass out all at the same time!! Could have been my lunch, could have been the pain of the tattooing. I took ten minutes in the bathroom, drank some warm water and sat back down for another 2 hours (9 total).

At the end of the day I got some world-class ink from one of the best in the world and the suffering has been forgotten.
Jadesauce

Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:39 am

hgiles wrote:My last session I thought I was going to shit on myself, piss on myself, vomit on myself and pass out all at the same time!!
So you're saying this tattoo session either resembled a violent case of the flu or the beginning stages of labor...fun times! lol