Welts on completely healed tattoos?

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

kuki
Hardcore

Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:29 pm

Does anyone get these? Its really random, but it happens a lot on me, especially on heavily solid inked areas. It's happening right now, right down the middle of the steak and not following a line or outline.

Sometimes its itchy.

I do have sensitive fair skin, but I never get welts other than right on my tattoos.
postwardreamkerri
Hardcore

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:17 am

Not sure I would call it welts, but a few of my tattoos raise up and get very itchy, especially in warmer weather. The only ones that have done this significantly are the two on my chest. The one on my forearm on a rarer occasion will get itchy but not raise up.
The raised area seems to encompass the whole inked area which is why I don't say welts. It does not seem to affect one area of the ink without other areas. Hope that makes sense.
Benedryl is my friend.
kuki
Hardcore

Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:59 pm

Thank you. Yeah mine raise up in the form of lines...really odd.

A friend of mine brought me a bar of Thieves soap yesterday, she has really sensitive skin allergies and she swears by this stuff. She said its made her tattoos look richer and has completely changed the way her skin feels and looks. I will let you know how it goes!
thecody

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:13 pm

every once in a while mine do the same thing, i asked my artist about it and he told me its just the ink irritates the skin and causes it to raise up a bit. it usually goes away after a day or so right?
phantommenace
Hardcore

Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:58 pm

this happenes to me all the time ,.. when i'm working on my car and i'm working in tight spaces, like in my engine compartment, where i'm rubing my arm against hard surfaces i'll get raised up spots on my arm , it's funny some colours raise up higher than others !
LLLady
Hardcore

Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:11 pm

I get random puffy's and itching in different areas Randomly, I don't think it's anything to worry about ........ :D
Chordsinked

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:02 pm

what is your cleaning method here is what I tell everyone of my clients.
1. at the shop apply its first coat of AQUAPHOR
2. keep a light coat on until the next morning or about 8 hours later.
3.Wash it with the sprayer on your kitchen sink as hot as you can take it for as long as you can take it.
4.Reapply AQUAPHOR LIGHT COAT FOR 5-7 DAYS
5.maybe some non scented lubriderm, but at this stage you are healed I guarantee this method.
reefdiver
Hardcore

Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:29 pm

dude.........this is OLD ink we are talking about........

and yea, i get the random raised ink/bumps all the time.....

i would never know it except i like to stroke my critters........ :D
kuki
Hardcore

Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:52 pm

reefdiver wrote:
i would never know it except i like to stroke my critters........ :D
Me neither. Maybe I should stop stroking my meat then? :D
postwardreamkerri
Hardcore

Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:57 am

Chordsinked wrote:what is your cleaning method here is what I tell everyone of my clients.
1. at the shop apply its first coat of AQUAPHOR
2. keep a light coat on until the next morning or about 8 hours later.
3.Wash it with the sprayer on your kitchen sink as hot as you can take it for as long as you can take it.
4.Reapply AQUAPHOR LIGHT COAT FOR 5-7 DAYS
5.maybe some non scented lubriderm, but at this stage you are healed I guarantee this method.
As well as this method seems to work, as a nurse I would NEVER suggest spraying a fresh tattoo with HOT water for as long as you can stand it....Hot water dilates blood vessels and increases chances of bleeding, swelling, and possibly infection. Warm soap and water with lots of suds and using your hand like a facecloth works very well.
lendo

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:10 am

Av just joined this site today,After i finished part of my sleave i got small white pimples on my tattoo,after a while they died down.
reefdiver
Hardcore

Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:54 am

post up some pics........
TattoosByChristinaWalker

Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:07 pm

its probably a reaction to the ink that was used, i have tattoos that do the same thing and its the older ones i have that the artist used intenze and millenium which are extremely shitty pigments and the are polymer or plastic based.

and as for the the comment a few above mine those white pimples are also sounding like an allergic reaction your probably using a&d or some other petroleum based product id guess..
kuki
Hardcore

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:20 pm

Thanks Christina, that's very interesting. I never thought of asking my artist what kind of inks she was using. What brands of inks are best?
reefdiver
Hardcore

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:31 pm

:roll: