FAQ Search Memberlist Register Profile MPS Search Log in to check your private messages Log in

1st tattoo
Tags: i am a little scared.
Goto page 1, ,   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tattoo Forum at Everytattoo.com Forum Index -> Tattoos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaupro

Enthusiast

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: 1st tattoo Reply with quote

so I am getting my first tattoo. I want to get Care Diem in a sweet gothic font across my chest. I don't know my pain tolerance though. and I hear the chest area is one of the most, if not the most painful place to get ink. I don't want them to be halfway through carpe and I can't take the pain. one friend suggested I could take a couple of vicodin first, which are of course subscribed to me, because I know this forum doesn't support illeagal activities...my question is.. if you are a tattoo artist, can you tell if someone, has taken something like this, and secondly if you know, do you care? I don't see why you would, but just asking.
AWilliams

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't comment on the pain on the chest thing but I feel tattoos should be painful. If they tickled or felt nice everybody would have em'. It's a cop-out to me to "take something" to keep the pain tolerable. Suck it up and just do it. Maybe if it gets too bad, do one word then wait a month and do the other word.
ellyr

Enthusiast

My Tattoos (2)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have cherry blossoms stretching across my collarbone halfway across my chest just above my breasts. It wasn't too painful - parts of it hurt quite a bit, but they tattoo in short strokes, so it's not really like a long continuous burn, if that makes sense.

Just keep breathing, ask for a break if you need it.
yodaddynukka

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got any spare vicodin laying around you dont want?

Enthusiast

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok. I appreciate all the advice, I am just curious if I was on vicodidn at the time, would I be denied at tattoo? I don't see why the artist should or would care about such things..but just curious if they would.
imnotatfault

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have taken vicodin before a tattoo. it was never an issue because, frankly, the artist wouldn't/didn't know. I take one (7.5mg) before the session and after a couple hours when I take a bathroom break, I may take another.

Don't get your hopes up, though. It will still hurt. It just takes the edge off.
LaceyGirl

Enthusiast

My Tattoos (1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a pretty good size first tattoo. I didn't take anything for it.
I did talk to my artist about it and he said he has never had a problem if someone took a vicoden to ease the pain.

Honestly, it wasn't a bad pain. If you have something in your hand to squeeze, it would be helpful.
Aivanne

Artist Hardcore

My Tattoos (7)
Tattoo Work (3)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bring some bactine.
jaupro

Enthusiast

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why bactine? what is that for?
Jadesauce

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaupro wrote:
why bactine? what is that for?

Is that the stuff that numbs the skin a little...and does that stuff work?
imnotatfault

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes
jaupro

Enthusiast

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok. so take a vicodin or 2. and then rub some bactine all over my chest, and I should definitely be good to go! how well does the bactine work? and how long does it last?
imnotatfault

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't rub it all over your chest to start. you shouldn't even use it unless you need to, and you should only use it a few times at most, as it can damage the tattoo.

my artist has some at his station and he sprays it on every 30-45 minutes in the final couple hours when the wiping starts to get unbearable. let your artist handle the bactine.
Feesh

Enthusiast Hardcore

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaceyGirl wrote:
I got a pretty good size first tattoo. I didn't take anything for it.
I did talk to my artist about it and he said he has never had a problem if someone took a vicoden to ease the pain.

Honestly, it wasn't a bad pain. If you have something in your hand to squeeze, it would be helpful.

I'll have a foam ball in my hand while getting a tattoo - and some gum in my mouth. That's it. But if I had some Vicodin, I'd probably pop two or three of them. But then, I'd do that even if I wasn't getting tattooed. Ssshhhhh ... don't tell anybody Wink
jaupro

Enthusiast

My Tattoos (0)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so all of you guys would agree that vicodin WILL NOT have a blood thinning side effect? and is OK to take before tattoo,yes? I thought so but wanted to make double sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tattoo Forum at Everytattoo.com Forum Index -> Tattoos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, ,   
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: