Decisions, Decisions on my 2nd tattoo

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

spidey224

Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:46 pm

Ok, so I know where I want it on my right arm above a t-shirt sleeve. I want it to convey a guardian, power, persistence, willpower, compassion, loyalty, fierocity. I'm thinking about a European style dragon with wings, but I want the mouth closed. I found several designs I like and whenever I get the time I'm going to see if an artist can collaborate bits and pieces into 1 custom dragon design that would be black . I also want to have the alpha omega symbol incorporated into it such as the dragon holding an orb or the sun with it in there. Any opinons? and how much does a sketch cost? Because I'm not 100% sure if I want this yet. Or I want the symbiote spiderman symbol from spiderman 3 on my left pec or put that on my right arm instead of the dragon.
Jadesauce

Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:20 pm

OOO, get a gargoyle. Those things are SWEET!!
spideytat
Hardcore

Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:09 am

spidey224 wrote:Ok, so I know where I want it on my right arm above a t-shirt sleeve. I want it to convey a guardian, power, persistence, willpower, compassion, loyalty, fierocity. I'm thinking about a European style dragon with wings, but I want the mouth closed. I found several designs I like and whenever I get the time I'm going to see if an artist can collaborate bits and pieces into 1 custom dragon design that would be black . I also want to have the alpha omega symbol incorporated into it such as the dragon holding an orb or the sun with it in there. Any opinons? and how much does a sketch cost? Because I'm not 100% sure if I want this yet. Or I want the symbiote spiderman symbol from spiderman 3 on my left pec or put that on my right arm instead of the dragon.
in my opinion if you liked the spiderman movies you are no true spidey fan. nuff said
CxCx
Verified

Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:12 am

Come on, spideytat, Spider-man 1 (with the exception of the Green Goblin costume) was pretty outstanding end to end.
Jadesauce

Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:16 am

CxCx wrote:Come on, spideytat, Spider-man 1 (with the exception of the Green Goblin costume) was pretty outstanding end to end.
The first one is the only one I liked.
spideytat
Hardcore

Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:58 am

CxCx wrote:Come on, spideytat, Spider-man 1 (with the exception of the Green Goblin costume) was pretty outstanding end to end.
there were bits in all 3 i kinda liked but i really didnt like these movies from a comic stand point but then if i were to look at them as just movies then they werent too bad but im too firmly set in my comic ways lol in saying that though a few of the comic to film movies i do like even though they werent exactly the same. im all over the place :lol:
sadie703
Hardcore

Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:08 am

Jadesauce wrote:
The first one is the only one I liked.
they all sucked TBH
spidey224

Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:11 pm

spideytat wrote:
spidey224 wrote:Ok, so I know where I want it on my right arm above a t-shirt sleeve. I want it to convey a guardian, power, persistence, willpower, compassion, loyalty, fierocity. I'm thinking about a European style dragon with wings, but I want the mouth closed. I found several designs I like and whenever I get the time I'm going to see if an artist can collaborate bits and pieces into 1 custom dragon design that would be black . I also want to have the alpha omega symbol incorporated into it such as the dragon holding an orb or the sun with it in there. Any opinons? and how much does a sketch cost? Because I'm not 100% sure if I want this yet. Or I want the symbiote spiderman symbol from spiderman 3 on my left pec or put that on my right arm instead of the dragon.
in my opinion if you liked the spiderman movies you are no true spidey fan. nuff said

I liked one and two, 3 they ruined. It moved way to fast, Venom was cool, but they could have made him have more screen time, I'm not going through my entire list of critques because I could write a book. I read, watched, breathed spiderman in my younger days.
niteshadepromise
Hardcore

Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:23 pm

Number one reason I hated Spiderman 3:

Venom did not call itself "WE". Miss out on that detail and you kill the whole idea of a symbiotic lifeform.

</end angry nerdgasm>
spidey224

Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:27 pm

niteshadepromise wrote:Number one reason I hated Spiderman 3:

Venom did not call itself "WE". Miss out on that detail and you kill the whole idea of a symbiotic lifeform.

</end angry nerdgasm>

I flipped on that scene. The other thing was the voice shouldnt have been so normal sounding. They could've had a more sinister sounding voice.

Anyway this was more about finding out if the dragon was the right form of symbolism for what I'm trying to convey. haha
beuneek
Hardcore

Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:30 am

sounds good to me. i also like the idea of a gargoyle. gargoyles are badass!

... incredible hulk FTW!
.jk