Few Noob ?s/recommendations in the Buffalo/Amherst, NY area?

Recommend Artists/Studios, ask for help finding the perfect artist for your tattoo.

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid

WyldeChild

Sun May 25, 2008 1:03 am

Ok I've done some research into what you should look into for your first tattoo, and I've read quite a few threads on the site. I still have a few questions I'm still not totally sure on, so any answers/advice at all would be greatly appreciated it. I'm looking to get my guitar on fire (realistically looking, not cartoonish) on my upper back, like near the shoulder blade on my left side.

If there's any good artists/places anyone knows of in the Buffalo area I'd appreciate it (I'm in Amherst).

So my few questions are. What is proper manners while checking out artists, if I don't think one artist at the place is right for me, can I simply ask to speak with another one? Or should I come back on a different day? What exactly in the tattoos am I looking for specifically, like neatness of the tattoos, and what exactly about the outline should I be looking for? How many years working/pictures in his/her resume type thing are good as a minimum amount? How many artists should I roughly see before deciding on one?

I was recommended to this following artist, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they think/of his work? It's at:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... umId=27550

Thanks a lot in advance everyone!!!!!!
buttwheat
Hardcore

Sun May 25, 2008 11:19 am

In the link you gave the work looks very solid to me.
Check out as many artists that it takes for you to find one that you like the looks of their profile and feel comfortable with.
Aivanne
Hardcore

Sun May 25, 2008 11:22 am

yeah this portfolio is good. but i can guarantee you can find better.

when you check out a shop, just get in and ask to look at porfolios. then ask to talk to the artist that you find the work is the most appealing to you.

what to look for in a good tattoo ? i dunno man. took me years to figure it out, and even now sometimes i m still not sure.

but you seem to have good taste since the link you posted features clean stuff. (but find better.... :lol: )
BLASZER

Mon May 26, 2008 8:53 am

Mike Taylor in Blasedell.... He has a shop at the Iron Horse south right on south park near 179 (milestrip)....He has done all my work..Great job and very reasonably priced .Hes usually there from noon til midnight or 1 AM...I got out of there at quarter to one in the AM on sat morning....