Picasso "Old Guitar Player" Tat by Paul Acker - DO

General tattoo discussion

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, kohlhaas, EvilJay, Sphenoid, SharpTattoos

wheresmymrdon

Wed May 28, 2008 8:44 pm

I hope that image code works!! I tried uploading it through this website, but it kept not working for me (i will work on that). Not the best pic, but the tat is fucking amazing. The pic def does not do it justice as all of his lines and shading and everything are just so crisp and clean. The white highlights really make the tattoo. I really dont know how he did it. It is my first tat, and I am pretty sure now it will not be my last. Paul is an amazing artist and owns a great shop. All of the people I met there were really nice and the shop was super clean. I really had a fantastic experience for my first tattoo, and I am just super stoked. When it heals I will post some more (and BETTER) pics! :D :D :D
imnotatfault
Hardcore

Wed May 28, 2008 9:01 pm

great tattoo, but your photography skills could use some improvement.
wheresmymrdon

Wed May 28, 2008 9:05 pm

imnotatfault wrote:great tattoo, but your photography skills could use some improvement.
you mean my wife's photo skills ;-) - what do you suggest to get a better pic.
ArcticWolf

Wed May 28, 2008 9:07 pm

Do you have a table lamp somewhere? If so, take the shade off, and stand with your back facing it. Have your wife stand next to the lamp, so the light is shining on your back. Make sure she's not in the front of it blocking the light, though. If it's too shiny, I'd say wipe away the ointment, take the pic, and reapply.

Very very nice tattoo, I must say.

edit: It looks like you took the pic under yellow lighting, too. If you have a fluorescent light, use that with the above explanation.
wheresmymrdon

Wed May 28, 2008 9:13 pm

ArcticWolf wrote:Do you have a table lamp somewhere? If so, take the shade off, and stand with your back facing it. Have your wife stand next to the lamp, so the light is shining on your back. Make sure she's not in the front of it blocking the light, though. If it's too shiny, I'd say wipe away the ointment, take the pic, and reapply.

Very very nice tattoo, I must say.

edit: It looks like you took the pic under yellow lighting, too. If you have a fluorescent light, use that with the above explanation.
awesome. i will do that tomorrow. shes wiped out and going to bed, but will 100% get better pics tomorrow. seriously, im in heaven right now with this tat. even though i cant really see it cause its on my back, i am justs o happy to finally have it done, and done by such an artist.
wheresmymrdon

Wed May 28, 2008 9:13 pm

oh, and no comments about my b'acne' please!! I know youre all thinking about it. hahaha. :D
ArcticWolf

Wed May 28, 2008 9:23 pm

no comments about my b'acne' please!!
You brought it upon yourself. lol.

But I hope you don't break out because of the tat. With mine, I broke out with 'acne?' on the portion that's on my back, but not my ribs. I've never had acne anywhere...I was lucky with that. But there's this one spot on my back around the tattoo that has it. *sigh*
wheresmymrdon

Wed May 28, 2008 9:26 pm

ArcticWolf wrote:But I hope you don't break out because of the tat.
eh - it might happen, but i hope not. what sucks is that i dont really have acne anywhere except for my back, so even if I do break out there, i wont be able to blame it on the tattoo haha.
hooves
Hardcore

Wed May 28, 2008 9:35 pm

wheresmymrdon wrote:Image

I hope that image code works!! I tried uploading it through this website, but it kept not working for me (i will work on that). Not the best pic, but the tat is fucking amazing. The pic def does not do it justice as all of his lines and shading and everything are just so crisp and clean. The white highlights really make the tattoo. I really dont know how he did it. It is my first tat, and I am pretty sure now it will not be my last. Paul is an amazing artist and owns a great shop. All of the people I met there were really nice and the shop was super clean. I really had a fantastic experience for my first tattoo, and I am just super stoked. When it heals I will post some more (and BETTER) pics! :D :D :D
Looks great. The pic might be a bit bad but it looks like a clearly well designed tattoo. The dude is kinda creeping me out a bit though. :lol:
Aivanne
Hardcore

Wed May 28, 2008 9:46 pm

hooves wrote: Looks great. The pic might be a bit bad but it looks like a clearly well designed tattoo. The dude is kinda creeping me out a bit though. :lol:
oh boy Pablo is kicking his own face in his grave.

i think ET just got another winner.

it was about time.
wheresmymrdon

Thu May 29, 2008 7:14 am

Aivanne wrote:
hooves wrote: Looks great. The pic might be a bit bad but it looks like a clearly well designed tattoo. The dude is kinda creeping me out a bit though. :lol:

i think ET just got another winner.

it was about time.
wait. what? are you saying its bad?
hgiles
Hardcore

Thu May 29, 2008 10:29 am

^^^ Don't feel bad, Aivanne has very high standards when it comes to everyone else's tattoos.
imnotatfault
Hardcore

Thu May 29, 2008 10:43 am

hgiles wrote:^^^ Don't feel bad, Aivanne has very high standards when it comes to everyone else's tattoos.
i think he was just making fun of the girl..?
yorvo
Hardcore

Thu May 29, 2008 10:45 am

wheresmymrdon wrote:
Aivanne wrote:
hooves wrote: The dude is kinda creeping me out a bit though. :lol:
wait. what? are you saying its bad?
I think he's saying Picasso would be sad to know his art wasn't recognized.
niteshadepromise
Hardcore

Thu May 29, 2008 12:21 pm

Aivanne wrote:
Or cutting off his other ear...