Looking for an artist that does Japanese/Sea creature

Recommend Artists/Studios, ask for help finding the perfect artist for your tattoo.

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid

Benjamush

Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:16 pm

Hi there, im from England and planning to take a trip to the US around about next year. Looking for an artist in FL or anything close there. But if i have no luck i will travel around.

If anyone could suggest someome that would be awesome.
cheers
imnotatfault
Hardcore

Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:31 pm

Benjamush wrote:Hi there, im from England and planning to take a trip to the US around about next year. Looking for an artist in FL or anything close there. But if i have no luck i will travel around.

cheers
Gotta be more specific. Where in FL?
Benjamush

Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:43 pm

imnotatfault wrote:
Benjamush wrote:Hi there, im from England and planning to take a trip to the US around about next year. Looking for an artist in FL or anything close there. But if i have no luck i will travel around.

cheers
Anywhere, im pretty much traveling for the tattoo but making a holiday out of it.

but lets just say, miami/orlando sort of area?
imnotatfault
Hardcore

Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:50 pm

Benjamush wrote:
imnotatfault wrote:

cheers
Anywhere, im pretty much traveling for the tattoo but making a holiday out of it.

Miami is pretty far from Orlando. If you're traveling for the tattoo, I would suggest against FL and maybe instead go somewhere like CA or some of the other places with great artists of your style.

I'm most familiar with the Tampa area but I know a few others on here may have some Orlando suggestions.
Benjamush

Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:15 pm

imnotatfault wrote:
Benjamush wrote:
imnotatfault wrote:

cheers

Miami is pretty far from Orlando. If you're traveling for the tattoo, I would suggest against FL and maybe instead go somewhere like CA or some of the other places with great artists of your style.

I'm most familiar with the Tampa area but I know a few others on here may have some Orlando suggestions.
Cheers, i didn't actually know it was that far. Thats the problem with living in such a small country.

im open for all suggestions.
murfman

Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:26 pm

Benjamush wrote:
imnotatfault wrote:

cheers

if your traveling for the tattoo try japan i herd they have great Japanese work there :-P
hgiles
Hardcore

Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:46 am

If you want underwater realism then try Deano Cook (GA) or Mike Parsons (FL).

If you want good Japanese you should go to New York or Los Angeles. Of course you might find someone tattooing in obscurity somewhere else in the country that's good too.
davey_p
Hardcore

Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:05 am

i would try tim hendricks in miami florida

in salt water tattoo http://www.saltwatertattoo.com/tattooin ... arren.html

if im not mistaken i think thats darren from miami ink

so if he goes there im guessing he is good?

he does more traditional, but it wouldnt hurt to email him and see what he can pull off, might make it different then regular japanese or im pretty sure he will send you to the right person

good luck
Benjamush

Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:29 pm

Thanks for the suggestions :] ill check all of them out.

seen Deano Cooks work but i reckon he'll be booked out for years, cheers again.
Ill go email them now.
sallas

Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:23 pm

try dan fagan tattoo he's in brandon fl. and does great japanese work
werndog
Hardcore

Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:49 am

Phil Holt at redletter1 in Tampa, Florida is an awesome artist , killer Japanese work. Don't know how long he will be in Florida for tho, heard he is trying to sell his house so he can move back to San Francisco.
sananjana

Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:37 pm

very nice your Detail ok thanks
and i am also like Dog portraits

AmunetStudio

Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:47 pm

come down to SLC utah and we can hook you up! cheap price too for a expert tat