Grand Opening of Anarchy Tattoo MI...

Recommend Artists/Studios, ask for help finding the perfect artist for your tattoo.

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid

AnarchyTattoos

Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:04 pm

Aug. 15th, 16th, and 17th, 2008 - Grand Opening!
Two lucky customers will receive $100 tattoos each for FREE!

824 B Milham Road
Portage, MI

www.anarchytattoos.com

Anarchy Tattoos
Based in Kalamazoo, MI, the idea behind Anarchy tattoos was first created in the summer of 2007 by two Portage Northern High School graduates, tattoo artist, Justin weaver and GVSU Marketing/Theater Major, Evin Anderson. There was two major ideas that drove the creation. The first was two show that the American spirit still thrives and it is possible to create a company that you are passionate about from absolutely nothing, especially with both founders being only 21 years of age.

The second was to offer not only tattoos, airbrushing, and eventually piercing but also to offer another outlet to support the local arts while showing that tattooing belongs in this category as well. The company will eventually start selling local artists’ work including music, sculptures, photographs among several other forms of art. Anarchy Tattoos will also hold Spoken word Poetry Slams and small musical performances in order to display the rich and diverse talents of Kalamazoo County.
EvilJay
Hardcore

Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:59 am

First off, you're gonna catch alot of flack for coming here with one post hyping your business.. Regardless, I went to the website(since I'm in MI). The website is terrible man. Links bring up wrong pics, the template you used isnt even customized(add your link here).. WTF??

Then we get to the tattoos..Ouch..

http://tattoosbyanarchy.anarchytattoos.com/index.html

Seriously... I wouldnt let you within 10 feet of me with a sharpie let alone a tattoo machine... That shit is rough.... Some of the worst from a "shop" that I've seen.. for real...
imnotatfault
Hardcore

Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:35 am

that's what anarchy's about. no rules, no apprenticeship, no skill. just tats.
AnarchyTattoos

Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:01 am

Please be adult about things folks. You can attempt to be as creative as you want in bashing and it will still only make you look bad. As noted on the homepage: the website is under construction therefore not everything is going to be perfect yet. For another, you evidently don't realize what these sites are for among other things. We are suppose to be here to unite under a common cause i.e. tattooing. If you are not here for that appreciation, leave. If you have nothing positive or at least some kind of constructive criticsm please don't waste people's and businesses time.

Thanks for the comments

btw the (add your link here) is purposely placed by me for local businesses that are interested in getting sponsored by us.
EvilJay
Hardcore

Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:16 am

AnarchyTattoos wrote:.... You can attempt to be as creative as you want in bashing and it will still only make you look bad.
I don't need to be creative.. The work speaks for itself..
imnotatfault
Hardcore

Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:34 am

EvilJay wrote:
AnarchyTattoos wrote:.... You can attempt to be as creative as you want in bashing and it will still only make you look bad.
I don't need to be creative.. The work speaks for itself..
Pointing out how there is nothing redeemable in their work just makes you look bad, Jay. For shame...
AnarchyTattoos

Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:54 pm

Thanks for the comments

Take it easy.
tatdude

Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:15 pm

EvilJay wrote:
This work is better than wht ive seen in a long time see you soon, I need to get a job first.Keep up the good work WOW!!!!
tatdude

Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:22 pm

imnotatfault wrote:that's what anarchy's about. no rules, no bullshit, lots of experience. fun times, and just awsome tats.

Ckeck them out in person before dissing, the computer makes the real thing look bad. I went in there myself, and they look amazing in the real pictures, so instead of looking stupid, and speaking before you actually think about it get a real opinion, before following everyone else. Be your own person and be a man. Its a nice place. I got my tats from there, and they look better than some other places in the kalamazoo area.
clily
Hardcore

Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:30 pm

good for the kalamazoo area is completely different from actually being a good tattoo- plus im sorry but some of us (prob most) are not going to travel for 2-48 hours (or more cause people on this forum are from all over the world) to check out a portfolio in person when it doesnt look that good online.

plus im sorry but for the OP you cannot come on this forum and get mad when someone offers you their honest opinion and then tell them to leave in your second post ever when they are a regular on the site!
EvilJay
Hardcore

Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:43 pm

tatdude wrote:
imnotatfault wrote:that's what anarchy's about. no rules, no bullshit, lots of experience. fun times, and just awsome tats.

Ckeck them out in person before dissing, the computer makes the real thing look bad. I went in there myself, and they look amazing in the real pictures, so instead of looking stupid, and speaking before you actually think about it get a real opinion, before following everyone else. Be your own person and be a man. Its a nice place. I got my tats from there, and they look better than some other places in the kalamazoo area.
If you had any smarts, you'd have done your buddies a favor and let this thread die. The work is terrible. The computer doesnt make it look terrible. The lack of any skill whatsoever does. And this is there best work. Its a brand new website. I doubt theyre putting 5 year old shit on there and they have a portfolio of "amazing" work sitting at the shop. They posted the link to their shop for us to go look at. I did. I see 1000 tattoo's a day online. I see a few that look amazing. I see plenty that look OK. I see plenty that look bad, and I see a few that look terrible. These are terrible. I have 1/4 of my body covered in tattoo's. I have spent somewhere 30-35 hours getting tattooed by people that are professionals. You may be able to pass your trash off to the frat boys at western as good work(if they're drunk and blind in one eye), but I know otherwise my friend...
imnotatfault
Hardcore

Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:47 pm

tatdude wrote:
imnotatfault wrote:that's what anarchy's about. no rules, no apprenticeship, no skill. just tats.

It is hands down some of the worst work I have ever seen. If it looks good in person, either the camera is broken or your brain is broken. I'd bet money on the latter.
therookie
Hardcore

Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:20 am

I wager that tatdude works at AnarchyTattoos...or at least got sucked off by an "artist" there as payment for posting this.

That's the only explanation I can see for someone stating that this is anywhere close to quality work.
imnotatfault
Hardcore

Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:46 pm

therookie wrote:I wager that tatdude works at AnarchyTattoos...or at least got sucked off by an "artist" there as payment for posting this.

That's the only explanation I can see for someone stating that this is anywhere close to quality work.
i would argue that having friends pretend vouch for you online is the exact opposite of anarchy.