Choosing an artist for your next one ...

Recommend Artists/Studios, ask for help finding the perfect artist for your tattoo.

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid

Kermit

Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:57 am

I love my first tatt and really happy with the artist I got it from. I am now almost ready for my next one but am conflicted about choosing an artist. Should I just go with my original artist or find someone else? I generally give the artist free reign to come up with something based on the general concept of what I want. On one hand I am relatively certain that my original artist will be able to exceed my expectations but then on the flip side I'm curious about missing out on collecting another piece from a diff artist.

ergo the big money question is, find someone new or stick with someone familiar?
Rufus08
Hardcore

Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:14 am

If you really like the work your first artist did, why go anywhere else (unless he doesn't specialize in what you want for your next one)? I think that there are more "average" artists out there than there are "great" ones....but that depends on where you live. Some areas are more blessed than others when it comes to the numbers of truly good artists. Post a picture of your tattoo....we love pictures :)
Kermit

Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:55 pm

I started a thread when I first got the tattoo ... Click here for my first tattoo thread ...