Worst customer service EVER!!!! Ochoplacas Tattoo Company

Recommend Artists/Studios, ask for help finding the perfect artist for your tattoo.

Moderators: buttwheat, sidelvar, EvilJay, Sphenoid

motopsyko32
Hardcore

Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:34 pm

So I have been looking to get my sons foot prints tattooed on my chest.
After interviewing various shops in Miami, I decided to go to Ocho Placas. I had one previous bad experience there with customer service, but I decided to give them another shot and it all seemed great at first.

I walked in and was greeted by the artist closest to the door. I talked to him and explained what I wanted. He asked when I would like to get this done and I told him that I wanted it that same day of possible.

He told me what he charged which i agreed to and then he said he did not want to rush the drawing so he would get it together during the week and I could come back the next weekend to edit it and get it done that Saturday. He said he would call me during the week to see the progress and make any changes necessary. We agreed, shook hands, and I left.

The week went by without any call from him. I figured he was busy. When I showed up on Saturday for my scheduled time, he was still completing the person before me. I waited over 2 hours for him to finish. When he finally finished I approached him and said hello. He starred at me blankly like he didnt know who I was. I said I was there for my appointment at X time. He looked through his book of appointments and said " Ohh OK". I asked to see the drawing of the footprints (which I had provided) with the extra's we talked about. He asked me for a copy of the footprints. I said "I gave you a copy last week, I didnt think I had to bring another." Again he looked through his book and found the copy I gave him. So he said to gove him 5 minutes to draw it up. At this point I am like WTF is this bullshit? I approached him about it... the exchange went like this "You told me to give you the week to draw it cause you didnt want to rush it, now you are going to draw it in 5 minutes? What is the difference between that and drawing it last week?" He said he understood and was busy all week. I told him I would come back next weekend and for him to please draw it during the week that I would even provide some CASH if he needed it. He said no cash was necessary, apologized and we recheduled again with the condition he would call me during the week to see the progress. He didnt call me during the week so I didnt bother to show up on my scheduled appointment the next weekend. Its been over 5 months and the dude has yet o call me to see whats up.

So my review of Ocho Placas is that it is very unprofessional, lazy, horrible customer service, and if you are not in their "click" that hangs at the shop, you will be served last if at all.

Fuck EM!
motopsyko32
Hardcore

Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:34 pm

Ochoplacas Tattoo Company
6240 SW Eighth Street
Westchester, FL 33144
MattCrunk
Hardcore

Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:19 pm

Not to defend his unprofessional behavior, but it's a fair bet the artist never lost a moment's sleep over not getting to do those footprints on your chest. He was probably being nice to your face just to be polite, but at the same time secretly hoping you would just go away. Truth be known, that's probably why he refused to take your deposit.

I'm sure those footprints mean a lot to you, but trust me, we as artists have done so many of them, if most of us went the rest of our careers without having to do another set, that'd still be too soon.

If you walked in with a design idea he was really into, I get the feeling you'd have walked away with a much different result.
motopsyko32
Hardcore

Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:29 pm

maybe so, but the fact remains that as a man and a business if he didnt want to do it or he didnt have the time, he should have said so instead of wasting 2 and half weeks of my time... and if what you say is true, he is a hypocrite for apologizing profusely the first time and rescheduling me...
anthoync
Hardcore

Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:31 pm

just shut up already and find a shop that will put up with you
motopsyko32
Hardcore

Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:47 pm

anthoync wrote:just shut up already and find a shop that will put up with you
greatest poster on this forum ladies and gentlemen...

I can see why so many people would want to join this board with you around!

Why dont you go play in traffic for a while?
Freddie
Hardcore

Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:44 pm

Matt, while I (more than most) understand the monotony of doing the same/very similar designs for the 11 millionth time, the artist is question really didn't need to "lead her on".

He could have simply said "Footprints aren't my style", or could've made up some BS about being "booked solid for the next 6 months" and blown her off. That said, he didn't.

He said to give him a week and scheduled her a time, and then didn't hold up his "end of the bargain". That said, regardless of the reasons why, it's still bad business.

Is this going to kill his business? No. Is he going to lose sleep over it? Certainly not. Does that mean it wasn't a dick move? No, definitely still a dick move.
Rufus08
Hardcore

Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:06 pm

If you had one bad experience, why would you go back? There must be a million other shops in the Miami / Dade area to choose from.
motopsyko32
Hardcore

Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:47 pm

Freddie wrote:Matt, while I (more than most) understand the monotony of doing the same/very similar designs for the 11 millionth time, the artist is question really didn't need to "lead her on".

He could have simply said "Footprints aren't my style", or could've made up some BS about being "booked solid for the next 6 months" and blown her off. That said, he didn't.

He said to give him a week and scheduled her a time, and then didn't hold up his "end of the bargain". That said, regardless of the reasons why, it's still bad business.

Is this going to kill his business? No. Is he going to lose sleep over it? Certainly not. Does that mean it wasn't a dick move? No, definitely still a dick move.
BTW I am a HE not a HER... lol
motopsyko32
Hardcore

Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:48 pm

Rufus08 wrote:If you had one bad experience, why would you go back? There must be a million other shops in the Miami / Dade area to choose from.
Based on reviews and whatnot, their name kept coming up. Specifically this article in the Miami New Times... http://www.miaminewtimes.com/bestof/200 ... lor-483745
buttwheat
Hardcore

Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:56 pm

motopsyko32 wrote:BTW I am a HE not a HER... lol
Then grow a set and stop whining to us and got tell them how pissed you are.
MattCrunk
Hardcore

Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:25 am

motopsyko32 wrote:maybe so, but the fact remains that as a man and a business if he didnt want to do it or he didnt have the time, he should have said so instead of wasting 2 and half weeks of my time... and if what you say is true, he is a hypocrite for apologizing profusely the first time and rescheduling me...
I would have just priced you out the door from the start, or at least tried to. That's slighly better PR than just flat-out refusing altogether.

I fully agree with the other poster: Just go to another shop. Sooner or later you're bound to find an artist hungry enough to do whatever you want.
Rufus08
Hardcore

Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:08 am

That article reads just like an advertisement. It states that it is the "best" tattoo parlor....but by whose standards? Was there a local voting? State voting? An vote taken by the newspaper? It would seem that if this shop had won some type of recognition there would be a reference to it in the article. Sounds like this shop is blowing it's own horn in an attempt to increase their business. Don't be embarrased as I am sure that others were taken in by it too.
motopsyko32
Hardcore

Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:17 pm

buttwheat wrote:
motopsyko32 wrote:BTW I am a HE not a HER... lol
Then grow a set and stop whining to us and got tell them how pissed you are.
I have already done this...
motopsyko32
Hardcore

Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:18 pm

MattCrunk wrote:
motopsyko32 wrote:maybe so, but the fact remains that as a man and a business if he didnt want to do it or he didnt have the time, he should have said so instead of wasting 2 and half weeks of my time... and if what you say is true, he is a hypocrite for apologizing profusely the first time and rescheduling me...
I would have just priced you out the door from the start, or at least tried to. That's slighly better PR than just flat-out refusing altogether.

I fully agree with the other poster: Just go to another shop. Sooner or later you're bound to find an artist hungry enough to do whatever you want.
I found a few others that would do it but I havent found any I feel comfortable with enough to do it based on their portfolio...